26.

Blake

"So, what is this? Your own little kidnapper experience?" Billie asks me, looking through the drawer in front of the driver's seat. "What is wrong with you? You have no CDs in here. Are you absolutely soulless?"

"You know what Bluetooth is, right? I can listen to music from my phone," I tell her, taking my phone from the little place between the seats and show it right into her face. "Take it, you can decide what we will listen to. The password is 904638."

"That is the most random password I have ever heard," the brunette next to me rumbles. I turn my head to the right and look at her scrolling through the list of songs I have in my playlist. Billie stops scrolling and starts smiling creepily. "I've never taken you for a Swifti, Blakey Boy."

"In my defense, even though I'd never say anything bad about Taylor Swift songs, I am not the only one who is putting songs in this playlist. Flynn is playing a big part in that," I tell her, even though I am pretty sure Billie's not even listening to me anymore.

She taps on the display aggressively and Wonderland by Taylor Swift starts playing. Billie grins from one ear to another and turns up the volume. The music blasts through the speakers of my Pick Up and Billie turns her side window down, her hair now flying in the wind.

Until the refrain she remains on humming the song quietly. "DIDN'T THEY TELL US DON'T RUSH INTO THINGS? DIDN'T YOU FLASH YOUR GREEN EYES AT ME?" Billie screams the lyrics and I join her in the next part. She turns her head and smiles.

The loud drumming background music goes quieter and Billie continues singing, "We found Wonderland You and I got lost in it And we pretended it could last forever."

And now I remember how beautiful and special her voice is. It's not light and angelic as you would think but more rough and strong. I don't know how to describe it to be honest. Her music teacher has always been amazed by the way she sounds when she's singing. I can understand how she's sad about Billie skipping classes.

"What is it? You know you should stare at the street instead of me while driving a car, right? When can always switch you know. I do have a driver's license," Billie says and I laugh.

She got her driver's license when she was sixteen but has never driven a car after. I know that Lilly allowed her to drive one some times, even though Oliver doesn't want her to drive. He scared something happens to her if she drives, like it happened to Olivia. He basically forbid all of us to let her drive. Lilly just believes that is bullshit. I am just scared Billie can't take the pressure, sitting right behind the steering wheel.

"What's next?" I ask her and she shakes her head in amusement.

Billie scrolls through the playlist again. "We have more Taylor Swift, uh interesting Billie Eilish, Cigarettes after Sex, Rihanna, Harry Styles, The Goo Goo Dolls- yah no, you have Stay in here, why am I still scrolling?" Billie tips on the song Stay by Rihanna.

"Since it's your playlist I assume that you have no problem at all with me playing depressing songs," she says smiling and the song starts playing. Billie moves her head with the rhythm and I feel my lips turning into a grin again.

Billie starts singing and I just listen this time. I remember Stay being one of her favorite songs, if not her favorite and I love how she smiles while singing it. I even might have been the one, who added this song to the playlist after I heard her sing it a few years ago.

"Round and around and around and around we go Oh, now tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know," she sings, holding her hands to her chest.

I haven't heard her sing in two years and I know that she refuses every time someone asks her too. This feels even more special now that she does sing for herself.

...

We've been driving for one and a half hour and after hearing Billie's stomach rumbling we stopped at the next McDonalds. We've decided to first buy ourselves something to eat and then buy something for Flynn, even though it probably will be cold when we arrive.

"Who are you texting?" I ask Billie who is currently frowning at her phone.

She looks up and scans my face. "Chris is asking about how our trip is going. And he was asking why you are the one driving with me now instead of Julien," she explains and I try to hide my smirk. I persuaded Julien to switch with me, what he just accepted with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh, is Lover Boy a little jealous?" Now I smirk. I don't actually hide the fact that I cannot stand Chris's presence. "He should be. There can happen a lot in a two hour drive."

Billie leans over the table and pushes my head away softly. "You are the douchiest douchebag I have ever met, Blake Evans," she says, leaning back into her chair. She looks back at her phone screen and rolls her eyes. Sighing, she puts it down on the table and ignores the vibrations.

I scan her phone and then her face. A waiter comes to our table with a plate full of food. Billie ordered a chicken burger and waffle fries and I ordered two burgers and French fries. Billie's phone vibrates another time. "You know if he pisses you off, you can just ghost him or something," I suggest and bite off my burger.

Billie, gulping down one of her waffle fries, narrows her eyes at me. "Someday I will start an orgy right in front of your face just to piss you off," she says, stuffing another waffle fry into her mouth. "And you will watch with your grumpy face and ball your hands or something."

"You don't actually expect me to just watch if you start an orgy right in front of my face, do you?" Billie chokes and I smirk. Her phone vibrates another time and this time she takes it from the table and reads whatever texts Chris send. Eating her waffle fries she texts him back, looking all bored.

Chris might be not as ugly as I like to describe him in front of people but he's definitely not the right guy for Billie. He seems controlling and Billie is someone who needs her freedom. I just hope she understands that before it's too late.

We ate everything we ordered and then ordered something for Flynn plus another burger for me and a strawberry milkshake for Billie.

She's sitting in the passenger's seat of my Pick Up, slurping her milkshake. Her legs are crossed, her shoes taken off and she's humming the song that is playing.

I don't know when it happened but the sight of her will always be my favorite view.

— — —

Hellooo guys!

I have one tiny question for you. Would you be interested in another story with an enemies to lovers trope? It has nothing to do with Billie's and Blake's story and gives of kinda one tree hill vibes.

Well, I was watching one tree hill and then desperately wanted to write something. I enjoy writing this story more though cause it has already grown so much but I'm thinking about publishing the other one as well.

If you're interested.

I hope you liked this chapter, I didn't when I was editing it but I don't have time to rewrite it so I hope it isn't too bad. Next one will be published someday soon I just need to figure out how to schedule my time better.

I hope all of you are doing great! Thanks for all the support!

<3