Chapter 1

Dewey POV

I was stunned. My mouth hung open in shock. I felt like I was drowning.

Louie’s sacrifice had affected everyone in the room. There were silent tears streaming down everyone's faces. I looked Huey in the eyes and I could already see the guilt forming inside him.

Gos ran up to me and gave me a huge hug, I was too stunned to hug her back. She pulled away and said something but I couldn't hear her. I noticed her walk away and go to Violet, who was probably taking this the hardest out of everyone.

I couldn’t stand to be in this suffocating room anymore. I ran out into some random room and closed the door. I sank onto the floor and curled up into a ball. It felt like it had been an hour or so when I heard a familiar voice.

“Dew?” Gos called out into the dark room. “Oh thank god, I was looking for you.” Gos said and sat beside me.

I sat up slightly and turned to face her, but didn’t verbally acknowledge her presence. “Look, I’m not going to ask if you’re okay, because obviously you’re not, I’m just here to be with you.”

“Thank you.” I said shakily. It was silent for a few minutes until Gos spoke up again.

“Y’know, it’s kinda crazy, he took charge of this whole thing, almost like he knew what sacrifice he’d make for us eventually.”

“Yeah… I just don’t understand why though. Why would he offer to leave?! I should’ve been me! I deserve it, not him!”

“Dewey, don’t you dare ever think that you would deserve something as awful as that. Louie volunteered because he loves you and Huey more than anything else in this world and I think having one of you in his place would be the same as being taken by Bill to him.” Gosalyn sighed. “Life isn’t fair, I definitely don’t think anyone should’ve had to go in the first place. This whole thing is bullshit, I mean, why does Bill all of the sudden just need this key?”

“World domination.” I said suddenly. “That’s what this guy wants. He wants to destroy everything until there is nothing left except for him.”

“Oh god.” Gos shuddered. “Let’s change the subject please?”

“Alright, oh hey, since we both survived, I might as well tell you what I wanted to tell you on the plane.” I remarked.

“Alright fire away.” Gos smirked.

“Alright, well, I’ve kinda been meaning to tell you this for a while now, and since everything else right now kinda sucks, I guess now would be a good time to tell you.” I fumbled with my words and fiddled with my fingers a lot. Here goes nothing. “I like you.”

I was aware that both of our faces were bright red, and suddenly I felt myself getting closer and closer to her until finally our beaks met.

Let’s just say I didn’t plan on leaving that room for a long time.

Violet POV

Why Louie?

Like seriously, why?

He did nothing to deserve this.

Anyways, it had been a while that we’d all been just sitting around in disbelief. Huey kept twitching and offering help to literally everyone every 2 seconds.

I mean, I get it he’s just trying to help, but seriously, just stop.

I was more annoyed than anything, I refused to let myself feel anything else. I was not going to let this drag me down. I had to stay strong.

For Louie.

“Hey where is Gosalyn?” Huey asked after a while.

“I haven’t seen Dewey either- oh.” Webby realized immediately.

“Oh please.” Huey scoffed. “They’re just friends.”

“Don’t act so oblivious.” I quipped, rolling my eyes.

“Hey, you’re just upset beca-”

“I’m not upset.” I interrupted him, refusing to let anyone see through me.

“Right. Anyways, does anyone need anything?” Huey replied, seeming to be putting a pin in the conversation, I knew he’d ask me later.

“Same as last time you asked Huey, nope.” Webby replied before I could go off on him again.

“Uh, guys? You might want to see this…” Dipper chimed in, his whole group coming from across the room. He flipped through the pages in his book and seemed to find what he was looking for.

“Is that-” Huey mumbled.

“The key.” I gasped.

“Yeah, except none of us know what this means.” Dipper sighed in frustration. “It should’ve been me guys.”

“Don’t say that.” Wendy said sharply.

“It should’ve been me for crying out loud!” Huey exclaimed.

“Guys, knock it off, this is getting us nowhere. If we keep sitting around here and complaining, we’ll never get Louie back, got it?” I snapped. Everyone slowly nodded their heads in agreement. “Thank you. Now, Dipper, hand over that book.”

Webby POV

While Violet was decoding the foreign language on the page, I pulled Huey aside to talk about what just happened.

“Dude, she’s not okay.” I said, knowing that Huey noticed it too.

“I know! I just need to pull her aside and get her to open up!” Huey agreed.

“I don’t think you’re the best person for that job, I mean, she seems super mad at you.” I replied reasonably.

“Trust me, if there’s anyone who can get people to open up about their feelings, it’s me, I’m the perfect duck for this job. I just need to figure out how to get her alone.”

“Just say you need to talk to her, that usually works for me.” Dewey said, appearing out of nowhere.

“Dewey!” I exclaimed and leaped into his arms. He hugged back after a second and then we let go. “Where’s Gos?"

“I dunno, probably off by the others, anyways, I found this super secret hidden room, wanna go explore it?”

“Let’s Dewey this!”

(Yeah, let's just say Violet is gonna get involved in a lot of bad things she shouldn't be involved in...)