chapter 3 🫐

Chapter 3

I slowly start to wake up at the sound of a ding on my phone. I reach over for my phone and glance at it for a second. It was a text from Cameron.

Cameron: "Be ready by 10, I'll be waiting for you outside."

I look at my clock.

Shoot. It's already 9:30 and I had to be ready by 10:00. I quickly get out of my bed and make my way to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and comb my hair. As I was combing my hair, I started to ask myself why Cameron had decided to go to the mall with me. I mean, sure I don't mind him tagging along, but I thought he literally hated me? But hey I'm not complaining. All I have to do is make it up to Cameron and then I can have a nice drama free summer. I pulled my hair into two braids considering that was all I really had time for and quickly changed into a light pink tube top and some white shorts. I raced down the stairs while checking the time on my apple watch. The time read 9:55. That meant I had 5 minutes to eat breakfast. I made my way into the kitchen and grabbed a slice of bread and popped it into the toaster. I waited two minutes before the toast was ready. Usually, I would toast my bread for at least 4 minutes but since I had literally 5 minutes to eat breakfast I only put the toast in for only two minutes. After eating the toast, I put my socks and shoes on and then waited by the door.

"Mom, Dad, I'm going to the mall with one of my friends! I'll be back soon, love you!" I yell, hoping they would hear me.

"Okay honey, see you soon! Love you!" My mom yells back from upstairs.

"See you Syd." My dad says to me while giving me a hug. I pull out of the hug when I hear a honk. I look out the window to see Cameron. I yell goodbye to Charlie and make my way over to Cameron's car.

"Hey Syd." Cameron said stiffly. Syd? Why was he calling me Syd? I stood there in confusion until I heard a voice call out.

"Soo are you going to get in or?" He says in a playful manner.

"Oh um yeah sorry about that." I say while scratching my neck. I open his car door and take a seat. I put on my seatbelt and looked up at Cameron to see that he was looking right back at me but then he quickly turned his head away. He starts driving off and I start to open my mouth.

"So why did you offer to come with me today?" I question him.

"First of all, I never offered you anything and second of all if I didn't decide to tag along then I'm positive you wouldn't even know what store I got the bracelet and bag from." He says with a slight smirk on his face. I was so confused. One day he hates me and the next he's taking me to the mall and smiling at me?? What is gouging on?

"I probably would have. And even if I didn't, how would you have even known if it wasn't the same one?" I asked him.

"Oh, believe me, I would've known." I didn't say anything. I got on my phone and started texting Stella and Madi.

Me: "You will never believe where I am right now."

Stella: "Where???"

Me: "Cameron's car."

Madi: "Cameron, as in Cameron Adler?? WTF??"

Me: "I know right. It's so awkward. Like, he literally texted me and told me to be ready by 10 and that he will be waiting for me in his car."

Madi: "That's crazy. I wonder if he's gonna like, ditch you there or something."

Stella: "Don't say that! I'm sure it'll be fine."

Me: "Yeah I hope so. Anyway, I think he's getting suspicious of me texting so much. I'll text you guys later."

I flip down the mirror at the passenger seat and look at myself for a few seconds. I saw Cameron look at me from the corner of my eye. I quickly flipped the mirror back up and stared out the window. We almost made it the whole way to the mall without talking, until he cranked up the radio and some weird random heavy metal rock music started playing, loudly. I literally almost jumped out of my seat and I saw him flinch a little.