chapter 5 👙

Yesterday was all I could think about. I don't think I've ever had a night like that before. Not even with John and Cameron isn't even my boyfriend. Not like I want him to be but it's just weird. So much happened in a day and it really changed my viewpoint on Cameron. In a good way. I apply a little sunscreen so that I don't get burnt but so I could still get a little bit tan. I make my way to my closet to pick out a swimsuit. Today was Britney Perkins's pool party. Although I hate Britney Perkin's, I think that this pool party would be a great way to start the summer off. And although I try to avoid the thought of finding a cute guy there, maybe I will. Picking a swimsuit was a problem for me. I could always go with a cute one piece but I could also go with a bikini that might just catch a person's eye. Bikini it is. I was having trouble picking between this purple bikini or this blue bikini. But eventually I chose the blue bikini because don't get me wrong purple is a pretty color but blue just screams summer. I changed into the bikini and went back into my closet to look for a pair of shorts. I grab a pair of white flowy shorts and put them on. I grab my phone and a pair of sunglasses just in case I need them and I make my way downstairs.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go head over to Britney's right now!" I yell hoping my parents would hear me.

"Okay honey, have fun!" I hear my mom yell back.

"Call us if you need anything." My dad says.

"Okay bye love you guys!" I say while putting my flip flops on. I hear two voices yelling back "Love you more!" I look down at my phone to see a text.

Stella: Girl where are you?? I thought you said we would all go to Britney's at 1:30 and now it's 1:58!

Me: I'm sorry, I had trouble picking out what to wear, I'll be over in a few.

I put my phone into my pocket and made my way over to Britney's. After a couple of minutes I finally arrived and immediately spotted Madi and Stella. I ran over to them.

"Finally!!" Madi said. Her and Stella ran over to me.

"That bathing suit looks HOT on you." Madi said. I smiled.

"So, how are you? I mean after that whole thing with... you know who." Stella winked.

"I don't even know what to think. I mean I'm so confused. If he's here tonight I'm going to try and talk to him about it."

"Oh no. That's a terrible idea. That's probably the last thing he wants to do. Believe me, I know." Madi said. I guess she was right. He did say it was a mistake after all.

We started walking further into Britney's backyard, and sat down on some lounge chairs that she had. I took my sunglasses and put them on.

"Oh, shoot. I forgot to bring a towel." I said. I saw Stella reach into her giant pool bag.

"Yeah, I figured you would, so I brought one for you." She handed me the towel.

"You're the best." I said.

"I know." We all laughed and watched as more and more people arrived.

"Jeez, how many people did Britney invite?" I asked, and I watched about 15 more people come in.

"Like, the whole school probably. You know how Britney is." Madi said. I shrugged.

"I'm gonna go get a drink, you guys want anything?" I asked.

"Get me a lemonade," Madi said.

"If there's iced tea can you get me some?"

"You got it." I got up, put my sunglasses on my head and walked inside. There were already a bunch of people inside, and I felt really weird being inside someone's house who I barely even knew. Someone who I didn't even really like, for that matter.

I saw a cooler on the table, so I walked over to it and looked in there to see if there was any lemonade or iced tea. There was lemonade, but no iced tea. So I just grabbed a lemonade and two water bottles, just in case. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone walk toward me. I turned to see who it was, and I could not believe my eyes. What is he doing here? I turned away and walked out of the house as fast as I could. My heart was racing. I didn't want to see him again. Never again. I walked outside right to where our stuff was. I sat down on the chair, and took a deep breath.

"Hey, Sydney? Are you okay? What happened?" Madi and Stella ask. I open my water and take a sip of it.

"He's here." I said. I handed Madi her lemonade and Stella her water, "She didn't have iced tea, so I took a water instead."

"Whose here? Cameron?" Stella whispered. I shook my head.

"John."

••••••••••••

This chapter is a bit short, sorry!!

Thoughts???