My Three Words.

The sun began to set after hours of talking and laughing which spread through the air around the four friends, the moon began to rise, the sun leaving the magenta sky which soon turned a dark blue. A cluster of white stars covered the dark sky lighting it up instantly, many shooting stars falling from the sky which came in different colours such a pink, yellow and blue also lighted up the dark sky.

Isn't it beautiful Sonic? "The pink hedgehog was obviously trying to make this a romantic moment as she clung to the blue hedgehogs shoulder still looking up at the stars"

Yeah, it looks great Ames. "The hedgehog said, trying to push Amy off of his shoulder. The view was quite outstanding but he was having a hard time feeling comfortable with Amy on his shoulder after all. He only thought of her as a good friend."

"Suddenly, the short rabbit spoke up breaking the awkward moment before looking at Amy with a dim sparkle in her eyes" Miss Amy! Can we go play spotlight? Please? "The rabbit looked at her pleadingly"

"The pink hedgehog looked over at the rabbit before smiling softly" of course Cream, just bring this with you in case you get lost in the woods "Amy got off Sonic and passed her a communicator"

Thank you Miss Amy! Is Sonic coming?

Nah.. I'll probably stay here- "Sonic's face expression suddenly changed as he looked over at Amy who was giving him a death glare with her hammer tightly in her hand which was behind her back" ...Is what I would say if I didn't love playing with you guys!

"Cream smiled with glee while Amy's expression changed back to her normal sweet self" good choice Sonic!

Hah.. I know.. "Sonic replied with a slight hint of nervousness in his voice"

Okay I'll give you both.. twenty seconds to hide, is that okay with you Cream? "The rabbit nodded happily, while Sonic gave his classic thumbs up pose" alright.. go!

Both the blue hedgehog and rabbit began running off into the dark woods, Sonic being much faster was already deep into the woods while Cream was still close to Amy. The only light being the stars in the sky which was still quite dim, Sonic got deeper into the woods, looking around for any platforms that he can hide on, he eventually came across a mountain, there was no trees on top of it so there was nothing that he could hide behind, but a high platform was his best shot at staying hidden the longest. Sonic began running up the mountain, once reaching the top it was quite a beautiful site, pearl white flowers covered the grass like a blanket, an exquisite glow reflecting off the moon and on to the flowers making them light up slightly, although there was someone up on this Hill that Sonic didn't expect to see.

Tails? Is that you..?

A golden fox with shining blue ocean eyes and two fluffy Tails that were flowing behind him in a slow motion slowly turned around to look at the Colbert blue hedgehog who was looking at him surprised.

Sonic? What are you doing here?

I could ask the same thing to you buddy "Sonic ran towards the golden fox, sitting down next to him. Although Sonic had been rejected by Tails many times somehow, that didn't change Tails opinion about being friends with the Colbert blue hedgehog"

I suppose I just wanted to get out..

Why didn't you come to the picnic with everyone else though? Amy told me you helped set up, so why didn't you stay?

I.. I don't know, I just wanted some time alone plus, the view is better from here.

Sonic looked at the golden fox, his soft fur glowing against the shine of the moonlight, his beautiful blue eyes lighting up with a bright white shine that looked like it could brighten even the dimmest of places. He looked truely magnificent in this light the way his eyes glimmered.. he looked like heaven on Earth.

You've always looked pretty in the moonlight Tails.. "Sonic wasn't even paying attention to what he was saying, he was simply lost in the foxes hypnotizing features"

Sorry what was that?

Sonic looked at the fox smiling, he wasn't going to stay something like "u-uhh.. nothing!" He wanted the fox to know how much he truly loved him. I said, you've always looked pretty in the moonlight..

...You know, I'll never love you the way you love me.

I know.

Then why do you try..? Why do you even hang out with me?

Because I love you. Isn't that reason enough?

Everything including both the hedgehog and Fox were completely silent, the only noise disturbance being the soft breeze from the wind. They both stared at each other the hedgehog however was smiling slightly while the fox looked completely shocked. The hedgehog placed his hand softly on the golden foxes warm cheek, it flushed a light pink colour that illuminated his skin.

"After moments of an awkward silence between the two, Sonic finally spoke up" I know you'll never feel the same, but that won't stop me from trying because..

~
That's how much I love you.
--------------------------------------------

-

This chapter's slightly shorter because I wanted it to have a cliffhanger >:) but anyways, I still hope you enjoy this story :) and a total of 909 words including these ones!