Dover

Colin hated the silence they lived in for the next three days. Julie did not understand him, she did not even try. He was refused to enter the gentlemen's club. He was mockery of the Ton. His mother doubted him. His sister would not talk to him. And she was mad he told the truth. He was provoked. Only trying to protect her, to ease it on her. And he made a mistake. He did not understand why she was so mad. If she did not wish to have children, everyone would find out. Sooner or later. Did she wish for them to think he could not give her a child? Or she could not give him one? It made no sense what she was doing. All that avoidance, it made no sense. He hated that about her. If it was up to her, they would still be hiding in her stable. And she resented him for being different, for taking action, for standing up for himself. He knew they would reconcile, there was no doubt. But he needed for her to know he was not lying when he told her she was enough. How could their relationship ever work if she constantly doubted him, doubted their differences? If what others thought impacted her so much?
Julie noticed Colin spent the last couple of days drinking in the kitchen, and he would come to bed well after she would, kissing her hair, tucking her in, before he would lay down. It drove her mad. The silence, missing his touch. Missing their conversations. She looked over, to the watch on her night table. It was well past two. He was still downstairs. Quickly she ran down, barefoot, deciding she had had enough. She did not marry Colin to spend her days in silence and alone. She married him to love him. And she was not loving him the way he deserved right now. She found him asleep at the salon, with an empty bottle of whisky. He had finally finished it, after three days. Julie gently touched his face, leaving a kiss on his cheek, before she slowly slipped next to him, pressing her back to his chest. Colin instinctively pulled her closer and smiled, pressing a kiss to her soft hair. "My prayers are answered." He whispered, his hand gently cupping her breast. Julie rolled her eyes, pressing closer. "Shhh."

*****

Julie jumped, the knife and bread flying to the cold marble floor. "Colin!"
He laughed, spinning her around. "You snuck out on me." He scolded, pressing a long kiss to her lips. "I was hungry."
"I am hungry too." He growled, his teeth dragging on her skin to her chest. Julie let out a giggle, trying to wiggle away. She showed him her jam covered hands, "I need to wash my hands."
He smirked, shaking his head. He took her right hand, bringing it to his lips. He gently licked her fingers, one by one, pulling her by the waist. Julie blushed, as he took her left hand and slowly licked off the sugar, before his lips found the palm of her hand, and then the bend of her elbow. He pulled her nightgown lower, exposing her breasts, leaving kisses all over. Julie moaned, and when his hands found the back of her thighs she jumped, sitting on the counter. He stood between her legs, his hands resting on her strong thighs. He slowly made his way lower, until he lifted her nightgown up, his lips finding the sweet spot between her legs. He moved his tongue in small circles, until he felt her hand in his hair, and heard her soft moans. "Get up." She gritted, trying to control herself. "Col- in."
He listened, standing up, his lips covering her neck. "I want you."
He nodded, unable to say anything, but simply pulled down his pants, before finding her entrance. He felt Julie's nails on his back, as he thrusted, and once her teeth found his ear, he knew he would not last long. She was so tight and warm around him, so wet. "I am yours." She whispered on his lips, before she kissed him, and Colin let his tongue caress hers, before he pulled out, almost too late.
They spent the entire day in bed after that, napping and snacking on cookies. It was just what both of them needed in that moment.
"You are everything I need." Colin pressed his lips to the back of her hand, before he intertwined his fingers with hers. "You have to understand that."
Julie nodded, scooting closer, so her leg crossed over his. "You have to understand I did not wish for everyone to know."
He nodded, caressing the soft skin on her back. "I am sorry. I was not thinking."
"And I wish you understood how bad I feel for all the trouble I caused you. I truly do."
"And I wish you understood nothing will change my mind about us."
Julie smiled, gently caressing his hair. It had grew a little bit longer than usual and she adored how the ends curled. "I wish to know what you want."
"You."
"Regarding children."
"If you do not wish to have.. I am alright with that."
"I wish to know what you feel."
"I do not know.." He shrugged, gently touching her hip. "I suppose I always assumed I would have children, if I marry." He added, drawing shapes into her skin with his thumb. "I would like to have our child. If I think about it." He shyly added.
Julie nodded, and she understood where he was coming from. She liked he finally opened up about it. "And if we never had one?"
He shrugged, his head falling to her bare chest. "Then we never have one. And we have each other."
Julie gently stroked his hair, feeling calm take over her soul. "And it could be enough?"
"It is."