Chapter 11

Next Day

At Grayson's Household

William and Amber find out that Jesse was coming over at Mark's house so they were over to make sure Mark's room look proper. "This has gotta go." Amber said to them as she looks at the paper on the wall. "Hide this. Toss this." William said while throwing a toy at Mark. "What? Stop. Hey, being a geeks is cool now, okay? So, maybe Jesse likes comics, too. You thought of that? Ya dick." Mark said to them. "We are not talking about the comics, Jesse doesn't mind them." Amber said to him. "We are talking about the dirty clothes, the dishes, the tissues." William said to him making the two look over a the tissue box. "Uh..." Mark said as he quickly toss it in the trash can. "Better." William said to him. "Let's hope she doesn't look in there." Amber said to herself. "It's just a study date, not a first date." Mark said to them. "Mark, every date should feel like a first date." William said to him. "And it's with my girl so you better be ready." Amber said to him then the doorbell rings. "Mark! Jesse is here!" Debbie yells to him making Mark toss all of his dirty stuffs outside the backyard, his toy and the can. Then Mark takes Amber and William to the door. "Go! Out the back way." Mark "You can thank us later when you call us, and tell us exactly how it all went." William said to him as the two leave.

Jesse enters Mark's room and she sees it was clean out. Mark closes the door while Jesse walks around and she sees dirty clothes and she sees a kid's toy. "Jesse." Mark calls her making Jesse look at him. "Is it just me or is your backyard in a mess." Jesse said to him. "I don't know what you are talking about." Mark said to her making Jesse make a portal and she jumps thought it. "Jesse?" Mark said then another portal opens and Mark's stuff fall out of the portal then Jesse. "Were you trying to clean your room for me?" Jesse asks him as she walks over to him. "Yeah." Mark said to her as Jesse makes a portal under the things and puts it out of the way. "That's nice of you." Jesse said to him as Mark sits down on his bed. "I just wanted to make it clean for you." Mark said to her as Jesse sits down next to him. "You didn't have to do that." Jesse said to him then she sees comic books. "You're into comics." Jesse said to Mark who looks at her. "Is it that obvious?" Mark asks her as Jesse picks up a comic book from the floor and it was a superhero comic book. "What's your favorite?" Jesse asks him. "Oh, man, I can't pick a favorite, but..." Mark said as he stands up and walks over to his other comics. "Ooh, this one is about a guy who's an underwater welder." Mark said to her making Jesse give a sad smile. "You okay?" Mark asks her after seeing the sad smile. "That just reminds me of Aquarus." Jesse said to him making Mark sit down next to her and he gives her a hug. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad." Mark whisper to her while running his fingers thought Jesse's hair. "It's okay." Jesse said to him as she tears up a little. Mark holds her close before he looks at her and he hands her a comic book that had her dad on it. "You can have it." Mark said to her while Jesse looks at the comic. "My dad never understand the point of comic books." Jesse said to him making Mark look at the book. "Maybe there is no point to it when there is real heroes out there." Mark said to her making Jesse look at him. "I know right." Jesse said to him with a smile. The two observe each other while they move closer to each other to share a kiss.

"Sorry to break your moment."

The two hear someone making them turn to see Ceil. "Christ almighty!" Mark yells when he sees him. "Woah." Jesse said to herself while Mark stands up. "Oh, what are you...Are you spying on us?" Mark asks him. "You wanna be a super hero, right? Fame, glory, get the pretty gal?" Ceil asks Mark. "That's sexist." Jesse said to him. "Well, then, the whole concept of personal privacy or me time? That's out the window. When the world needs you, you answer it." Ceil said to him. "I don't even work for you!" Mark yelled while throwing his hands at him. "And you never will, not unless you show a little respect, and decide if you want to be a superhero or not." Ceil said to him. "Right now?" Mark asks him. "Yes, Mark, right now." Ceil said to him. "Okay, yes. I want to help." Mark said to him as Jesse stands up. "What's the problem?" Jesse asks him. "Rogue supervillain. Public in danger." Ceil said to them and he tosses the two earbuds each.  Here, so we can talk on the go." Ceil said to them. "Where is this at?" Mark asks him. "Mount Rushmore." Ceil said to him. "Okay." Jesse said to him as she puts on the ear piece. "What state is that again?" Mark asks him. "What do they teach you kids in school these days?" Ceil asks him. "It's South Dakota." Jesse said to Ceil who looks at her. "You got it." Ceil said to her and he teleports away. "It looks like this date have to wait." Jesse said to Mark. "Yeah and our kiss-" Mark said making Jesse look at him. "I mean out talk!" Mark said to her as he laughs embarrassingly. "What?" Jesse said to him. "Gotta change! We will meet here!" Mark yelled as he runs out of the room. "Okay." Jesse said to herself.