Four

It was something she wasn't sure if she could do again.

He didn't even react.

Instead, he continued their conversation as if Ben's name wasn't cursed.

It wasn't.

But the feelings that stirred up within her were something she wasn't ready for.

Why today?

Why speak of him to Austin; a stranger?

Why was it right?

Anastasia lifted her head from her pillow and stared in the mirror, tears streaming down her face. "Because my Ben was special. I shouldn't have to stop myself from mentioning him,"

It was the truth.

She loved him with her whole heart while he was with her. Since he'd been gone, it seemed like their years together meant nothing.

"God, I-i don't want to forget about him."

There were things she would never forget about him.

The loudest memory was one she wished would dissipate.

She never needed to speak of that memory. Still, it was the last one she had of her sweet Benjamin.

It was pleasant to admit that though Austin made her wary in the beginning, she found him wholesome.

How he managed to show himself as such a man so soon was beyond her, but she didn't need to question his motives.

He was true.

First impressions weren't always lasting.

Anastasia sighed as she thought of how she treated him.

Yes, he scared her, but he wasn't rude.

She was.

"I'll make it right in the morning." She wiped her tears and picked up her bowl.

For now, she would enjoy the surprisingly delicious spaghetti.

-

"Wouldn't it please ya to know that I love you? That I can't dream of a morning without your loving light? Wouldn't it please ya? Say it'd please ya. There ain't a minute that I'd miss without you beside me, baby I need ya. Yes, I do,"

Austin sang as he walked to the kitchen.

The morning was his.

He didn't have to worry about a schedule or have someone telling him where to go.

He was a free man for the next three months.

"I didn't know we'd be having entertainment with breakfast," Anastasia teased from the kitchen, making him smile at the sudden warmth.

She was a sight to see early in the morning, indeed.

"You're like me already, chère." He winked and sat on the island to watch her cook.

Again, Anastasia was a sight to see.

Anastasia rolled her eyes, though she wasn't hostile or defensive.

She wanted to make amends with the man.

"What's the occasion, chère? French toast, eggs, bacon, are you tryin to make your way into my heart?" He asked slightly seriously.

Anastasia wanted to grimace.

She never wanted to have another man's heart. She wasn't foolish enough to do that again.