Toy Shop

In Kunming, a factory that makes rubber ducks produced an incredibly special duck. The factory didn't know it, nor did the duck. In fact, the factory thought it was a rubbish rubber duck. The 'quack-tor' was a well-known rubber duck factory which produced exquisite rubber ducks. They made all sorts of ducks like; space ducks, mermaid ducks, clown ducks. If you can think it, the quack-tor have already made it. Their motto was: "quacking ducks for quack-tastic costumers." Never did they make a boring duck.

Today a not so special duck was made. This duck did not have a hat, a dress, or a squeaker. It was simply a plain boring yellow duck. This ruffled the quack-tor's feather. A SIMPLE DUCK!!! The quack-tor doesn't sell simple ducks. Out it must go. A factory worker saw the plain rubber duck on the moving conveyor belt and was stunned. A bland duck in the quack-tor would not do. When another worker saw the worker sunned, they also saw the monstrosity. He stops the conveyor belt to get rid of it. He picked up the yellow duck, turned the conveyor belt back on and took the yellow thing to the rejection bin and threw the little creature into it.

 He picked up the yellow duck, turned the conveyor belt back on and took the yellow thing to the rejection bin and threw the little creature into it

BANG!

The little duck smashed into the bin. He laid there. Not moving. Still. He heard movement around him. He tried to open his eyes, but his head was spinning.

"Are they alive?"

"I don't know, I'm not a doctor,"

"Not the time!"

"Wait, I think they are waking up,"

"What to say their last words,"

"NOT THE TIME!"

"Both of you be quiet!"

With a stir the small duck opened it's eyes to gaze upon 3 deformed rubber ducks staring down onto him. The tiny duck was about to scream before it was interrupted by the first duck saying:

"Quite a throw just then. You okay?" The rubber duck was a pink, old lady with most of her hair ripped off leaving a massive hole in their head.

"Okay?!?! You think this poor thing is, OkAy?!?! You'd best be joking. That worker threw this kid like he was a baseball!" This duck was a green duck with long ,coal-black hair with a white beanie and was missing an eye.

"FOR DUCK'S SAKE DO YOU THINK THIS IS THE TIME!?!" Shouted a yellow, bearded duck with his head back to front.

"Chill! You'll scare them," the one-eyed duck replied sarcastically.

"Oh- "

"ENOUGH!" The old lady duck instructed the other two. She then turned back to the new rejection. "No need to be afraid of us dear. No duck here will harm you. I'm Tape" she introduced with a warm smile.

"The shouting duck is bill and the sarcastically pain in the duck side is Puddle-foot" Tape smugly grinned.

"I am not a pain in the duck side!" denied Puddle-foot. Bill just smiled at her and looked back at Tape then back to her again. Puddle-foot was about to say something before Bill cut her off saying, "who are you? Or rather what's wrong with you?"

Trying to gather his thoughts, the little duck looked at the 3 with a clueless expression.

"Hello? What's your name rubber duck?"

"Puddle-foot! Give them a second to get their thoughts together."

"Robert duck?" asked the little duck wondering what a 'rubber duck' was.

"Hello Robert." Bill warmly smiled.

Having no clue on what was going, he simply went with what they were saying.

"Well, he doesn't look deformed in anyway," Puddle-foot pointed out. "Nor does he seem off colour, dare say, he was just made."

"Do you have no remorse?" questioned Bill who was at his beak's end with her.

"Guys! He isn't deformed just....... a plain yellow duck" Tape informed them.

"So, he's perfect but, because he isn't cool, he's here?"

"PUDDLE-FOOT!!!!" screech Bill and Tape together. "Go to the corner! NOW!"

Puddle-foot just rolled her eyes and waddled off to the corner. They all just stood there in silence for a few seconds. Tape slowly picked Robert up, moved him, and rested him on the side of the bin. She tended to the bruise on his head, then left him to go to Bill and Puddle-foot - who had clearly just had a beak full from Bill.

Robert sat there with his thoughts. He had just been created and in no more than 2 minutes he got grabbed, chucked, and told he isn't anything special. Why? Did he do something terrible in a past life? Did the duck goddess just hate him? He thought for a moment, then stopped as thinking was hurting his head.

In his moment of not thinkingness, he noticed the other three kept looking over to him then back to each other.

Questions filled his head again. 'Why?' being the main one. Though it was followed by 'why did Puddle-foot call him not cool?' and 'why are they all in the corner and not in front of him?'

Just as he began to drift off to sleep, he was shaken awake by Puddle-foot.

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! ARE YOU ALIVE?"

"Take it down a notch Puddle-foot!" Bill took her hands of Robert.

"You didn't break during the fall, did you?" questioned Tape with desperation in their eyes.

"You checked up on me, did I?" Robert said smugly. Tape rolled her eyes.

"She means are your brain cells intact?" Bill laughed.

"Believe so,"

"Good," Puddle-foot began. "You should be able to go."

"Go where?"

"Duck school! You're young and alive so I can't see why not!" Tape said with such enthusiasm.

"How we get you there we don't know but we'll do what we normally do, go in headfirst with absolutely no plan!" Bill added in with humor.

"A duck school? Quick to get rid of me, eh?" Robert joked.

"Yes," Puddle-foot said, voice monotone, with no expression, leaving Robert to question if she meant it or not.

"Quicker you're out of here, the better. Life here's awful especially with these two," Tape mentioned. "And you won't be young forever now."

"How do I get there then?" Asked Robert. The duck that was called 'plain' and thrown out like he was nothing was about to go to school. Who would have guessed?