3: Kiss Me

Three chapters in now and you have no clue what the oh-so-important 'chaotic intoxicated night' was. If you're confused, it's the one that I allude to in the description of this story. Fear not, I will deliver—"It's perpetually preposterous. Wait til' the fanfiction writers hear about this." Joel broke the silence of his quiet bedroom.

He stared up at the popcorn ceiling, tracing his gaze around the shapes he could make out with the various bumps and dips.

"Wait til' they find out that in real life I think he's hot." He wouldn't have been able to utter the words he just strung together anywhere else and at any other time. Late-night pondering in bed lets you explore all your emotions and the minor mistakes you made 6 years ago. Joel spent his time thinking of Ender.

He found the topic of choice he chose to be mortifying, but Joel still thought about him. Like something was tying him to the subject, he couldn't be get away even if he tried. A red string of fate, Joel presumes. He mentally listed what he liked and didn't like about Ender (2 for dislike, 7 for like by the way), trying to rationalize why dating him was off the table.

However, unfortunately, he came to the conclusion that dating Ender was most definitely on the table. It's not like anyone besides Ender's opinion matters. In fact, he knew most people would be excited. They loved to shove their personas together. His plan had backfired horribly.

6 years ago – 21 Years Old

"The first-ever party for heroes! And you're invited!" Hotguy seemed very excited as he handed Joel the invitation. It was thick card stock with a glittery gold border. "I... do I have to attend?" Joel may be a menace at times (most of the time) but he wasn't the fondest of loud parties. Especially transformed, the power of enhanced hearing bites him in the ass with the blaring music from speakers along with the shouting over said loud music.

"Come on! It'll be awesome!" Hotguy grinned, patting him on the back. "Plus, aren't you 21 now? Have some drinks!" Joel was slightly interested in that, he only ever drank on his 21st birthday a month ago. "I guess I'll go." Joel agreed, Hotguy was ecstatic. "Yes! This is going to be great!" Hotguy hugged him, his grip was deadly.

"W-Who else is going?" Joel managed to ask, it was hard to breathe. "Let me think... Doctor Potato, Ender, Bubbles, Nano, Titan, Blaze, Lunar, Mercury... I think that's all I've invited. None of the older uncool heroes because they're lame." Hotguy giggled, stepping back from the hug.

Joel was relieved because if he hadn't stepped back, Joel might've passed out. "I'd like to argue Ender's old and uncool but to each their own." He snickered as he saw the older walking into their headquarters right as he said that. Ender's footsteps weren't easily detectable, even with his enhanced hearing.

"You're gossiping about me to Hotguy? You really have nobody else to obsess over?" Ender's banter was expected, honestly. Their dynamic was a lot of jokes, jabs, sarcasm, and teasing. "No, you're just that horrible. I have to make sure Hotguy wasn't misled by your fabrications." Joel's words were venomous, however his smile and tone soothed any sort of pain he may have caused

"I wasn't! I'm too smart!" Hotguy grinned, Joel chuckled. Hotguy had that effect of laughter. "Yeah, yeah, where are the documents of Hades?" Ender asked, looking around the meeting table. "Right here. Here ya' go!" Hotguy slid the files to the edge of the table before picking them up, handing them to Ender.

"Thanks, B needs these." Ender held the files tight to his chest as he walked out. Hades' information and leads were confidential. Not just anyone could know of and view the files. Joel wasn't on the Hades case. He was more on the scent of Atlas, another supervillain. The 'mastermind' behind other attacks, mainly in Queens as opposed to Brooklyn and Manhattan.