𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓

SERPENT GIRL

Chapter Six
Apology

━━━━━━◇◆◇━━━━━━

❝People like you sicken me.❞

YOU STRUGGLED SLIGHTLY to put the bandages around your mouth. Your hands shook slightly which annoyed you a lot. You didn't expect Beel to see you like without your bandages, it was something you hate to show.

However, you felt like you were pretty harsh on him, he didn't mean it after all.

Still, why would he get into the room without knocking. You had made it clear that nobody should enter MC's room when you're alone there. Something wasn't right, he wouldn't get in unless you give him permission to enter. Could it be that someone had sent him here... on purpose? Something deep down told you that he was sent here on purpose to see you like this. You sighed and dropped the bandages on the ground, "Why do I feel guilty?" You mumbled as you pushed your black hair back. Kaburamaru hissed with a bit of concern and gently tapped his head against your cheek, "I don't know, my friend, I'm confused. Should I apologize?" Your narrowed eyes as you glared at the ground.

You dropped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling, "What should I do, Mitsuri? I was hoping to be with you, but... fate has another story for me." You thought and closed your eyes. You took a few minutes to think of what to do, you wished MC was here to help you. They would tell you what do since they knew those demons better than anyone. After deep thinking, you finally made up your decision. You went to the desk and picked up a piece of paper along with a pen. You wrote a small note and then wrapped it around Kaburamaru's neck.

"Go to Beel and give him this paper."

The albino snake hissed before slithering toward the door. You opened it and let Kaburamaru leave to deliver your letter, hoping that this was the right decision you made.

━━━━━━◇◆◇━━━━━━

You sat in the backyard alone, waiting for Beel to join you for a small discussion. You managed to put on your bandages finally after you calmed down. Now you were just waiting for the gluttonous demon to come here.

You stared up at the moon shining its bright light to illuminate the dark sky. It reminded you of those nights you went to your missions to fight demons. You were deep in thought that you didn't notice Kaburamaru rest on your shoulder before he hissed. You looked up and saw Beel standing there, looking slightly nervous of approaching you. Letting out a sigh, you looked away from him, "Feel free to sit if you want to." You offered with a monotonous tone. Beel felt hesitant for a moment before coming to sit with you on the patio.

You two remained quiet for a moment before Beel broke the silence, "I... read your note and-..."

"I want to apologize for threatening you."

Beel sat there with utter disbelief, completely in shock that you were actually apologizing. Ever since you came to Devildom, you never showed any signs of remorseful behavior at all. You were mostly coldly calm and harsh toward everyone other than MC, you tolerated them only. So hearing you say that you want to apologize was something new to him.

He looked at you for a second and then looked ahead, "There's no need to apologize, it was also my fault for entering without permission." He trailed off, giving you a side glance to see your reaction. You turned to looked at him, "I'm well aware of this, but I shouldn't have acted like this. Nevertheless, I'm hoping you would forgive me for threatening you." You stated calmly, staring directly at his eyes. Beel blinked a few times before smiling, "I wasn't really upset in the first place to forgive you, but if you want me to do so then I forgive you." He said with an assuring smile.

You nodded and looked away, "Thanks." That was all you said before everything went quiet between you two. However, something bugged you. You had to confirm if Beel was actually sent to you or he just coincidently came into your room.

"Who told you to come and see me earlier?

You asked straightforward, your tone getting slightly harsh. Beel was confused for a moment before he understood what you meant, but should he really tell you? He knew you would probably get upset and chaos will start. The gluttonous demon scratched the back of his head and chuckled nervously, "Nobody did, I just came on my own." He replied, hoping that you would believe him. However and to his dismay, his lie didn't convince you at all. You narrowed your eyes to sharpen your glare, "I don't believe you, someone had sent you." You stated strictly, making Beel slightly flinch. You stared directly at his eyes to force him to say the truth.

Beel couldn't handle the intense eye contact you were giving him, so he decided to tell you, "It was Amelia, she said that you called me." He finally confessed with a bit of concern. Your fists clenched automatically upon hearing her name. You weren't surprised when he said that it was Amelia, you highly suspected her to be the one who did this without any regret.

"I will have a VERY serious talk with her."