Weakness

I can't believe it. I can't fucking believe this. I feel disgusted by how I thought he was nice and cute at first. He killed my entire fucking family! He must have been also the one who gave me his blood... Because of him I'm stuck to this eternity of misery!

"You monster!" I yell at him with a crack in my voice. I wish I could just rip someones throat out right now - especially his. Argh, screw this! I walk away from him as fast as possible, not being able to look him in the eyes one more second. My heart is bounding so fast and anger is flowing through my body, trying to find his way out, while my brain just wants to explode and flicker to the ground in pieces. I wish I could just turn my humanity off. It's a vampire's greatest weakness and it kills all of us - it makes us weak. Everytime this just reminds me of the fact that I'm not a human nor will I ever be. A tear escapes my eye and I grown. I was already sobbing right after I walked away from my seat and now I'm literally one bit away from completely breaking down right here, right now. I hear the door of the Grill open again behind me and let me tell you, I'm sure as hell I saw some of his blond-ish hair again. I have to get the hell out of here.

I want to do that super speed vampire thing we all can do, but I realize I still can't fully control it after all those years. Great, just when I need it the most.

I start to run, and run, and run...when all of a sudden someone grabs me by my wrist and puts a hand over my mouth to keep me quiet, pulling me to their chest.

"Ssssh," someone whispers in my ear, "It's me. Hold your breath."

Damon. I close my eyes, feeling my muscles relax again and him pulling my back a little bit closer to his chest, with his strong arms around me. The adrenalin is still flowing through my body, making me aware of the situation. I tense up when I hear a very familiar voice speak not too far away from us.

"You can't hide from me, Amandine," he almost yells. "Your sister also tried for over a five hundred years!" He chuckles and then adds a little more quiet - knowing that we could hear it anyway; "And look where she is now."

Anger and sadness started to control my body and mind once again. I'm trying so hard to shut him out. I close my eyes and repeat it to myself over and over and over again.

Don't let him get to you! Don't let him get to you! Don't let him get to you!

"Well, if that's what you want..." he starts again, walking a little bit away from us, "Just know that I always speak the truth, love, and I will chase you. Forever."

And with that, he leaves us two behind.

***

I wake up from the sun shining through the windows, lighting up my room. I lay down for a second to think about everything that happened... what was it? Yesterday? An hour ago? How long have I been here? I look up when I hear someone opening the bedroom door and I sigh relieved when I see it's only Elena.

"Thank god," I mumble, while I throw the sheets of me and climb out of bed, walking to the bathroom. I look at my reflection in the mirror. God, I look bad.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I ask, after splashing some water in my face.

"A few hours," Elena answers, who's sitting on my bed. I sit next to her when I realize I haven't had a change to see her until now.

"I assume Damon told you?" I say softly, almost whispering. She just nods.

"I feel so stupid, Elena..." I look at her. "H-How.." I start, but I then realize I can't even finish my own sentence before the tears are rolling down my cheecks. Why the fuck am I acting like such a weak little kid?! Argh, how wish I was brave enough to turn my humanty off... I hear Elena mumble something and then coming closer to me - pulling me in for a hug.

"It's okay, Amanda, it's okay..." she whispers, "It's all gonna be okay."

--------------------
This was pretty short I'm sorry
Vote & comment! (:
xxx