Professor Stefan

I'm sitting on my bed reading a book about my family history, when I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell - then realizing that wasn't necesarry since everyone in this house is a vampire. The door opens and Stefan enters my room. He gives me a weak smile before sitting down next to me on the bed.

"What's wrong?" I say putting the book on the night stand.

"I've been thinking," he starts, "and I think you should know how to be a proper vampire, with all it's pros and cons. It's dangerous for you to be here, with so many people around."

I nod slowly. "Yea, why not?" I shrug, "Let's go!"

***

A few minutes later I'm in the woods behind Mystic Falls where Stefan just brought me. It's huge! The trees are long and there isn't much sun shining through the leaves. I can't imagine how many people must've died here! It's perfect for vampires. Especially for the junkies; they could kill someone right here and no one would notice until next morning.

"Okay," Stefan says, waking me up from my thoughts. "This a good spot."

He tells me to get into a running position and focus to the sounds we can hear and smell.

"What is that?" I sniff, "It smells weird... like a dog?"

"It's a fox," he explains and takes my hand. "Now, you have to focus on the fox. Focus on his smell and we'll get there in no time." He looks at me and I nod as a sign that I'm ready. It's not like I never ran before, I just can't control it and I'll eventually end up in like Texas or something.

"3...2...1...now!"

A few seconds leter we stand still and Stefan let go of my hand. That was amazing! Like, I knew how it felt before I did this but this time it was better - much better. I actually knew what I was doing. I notice Stefan looking at me waiting to say something but instead I just walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck, laying my head on his shoulder. I whisper a 'thank you' in his ear and pull away again. He smiles, probably about the fact that I'm 300 years older than him but he's still the one showing me how to do it. I blush.

"So what's next, professor Stefan?" I laugh, bitting my lip.

"Don't flirt with me, Amanda," he chuckles.

"I'm not! Besides, I saw there was something going on between Caroline and you!" I tease him.

Oh right, I completely forgot to mention that! I met Elena's friends yesterday, like, all of them. Jeremy is her little brother and he's so cute. Bonnie is her best friend and she's a witch wich is pretty cool if you'd ask me. Elena told me Bonnie saved them so many times and they're very lucky to have her with them, especially with all the vampires around. Alaric is Elena's history teacher, and he has also been her guardian. Then we have Tyler Lockwood. He's a hybrid because of Klaus, who fed him Elena's blood. It's pretty gross actually. Last but not least we have Caroline, who's also a vampire. I couldn't help but swallow a little when I heard she was turned by Katherine - but at least Caroline's a boss at controlling her blood lust.

"She reminds me of Lexi so much," Stefan looks at the ground and then up to me, "She really means a lot to me."

I smile and take a step closer to him so I can lay both of my hands on his shoulders.

"You deserve your happiness, Stefan. Every single piece of it. She can give that to you, I promise."

Stefan smiles at me and it's great to see that I made him this happy just by saying those words. He takes my head in both of his hands and bends a little so he's on the same height as me.