Witches and vodka

"Are you ready?" Bonnie says quietly. I nod and give her the picture of Katherine Stefan had kept in his drawer for a very long time. After that I sit down next to Elena and Damon on the couch. Stefan is here too, staring to the candles Bonnie just lit using her powers.

She starts speaking in some weird foreign language and does a few movements with her hands. Her voice is raising up and down and the flames of the candles are growing higher and higher.

"I don't exactly want my house to burn down, you know," Damon mumbles, looking at the ceilling which is made of wood, just like all the walls in here.

After only a few seconds later a little bit of blood starts rolling down from her nose, falling on the ground and covering a few of her teeth. Bonnie literally looks like she's about to pass out and I give Elena a worried look, but she just nods. All of a sudden the flames stop burning and the livingroom is all dark again. There's smoke flying through the room and a bit candle-grease drops on the carpet.

"Aaand...?" I ask, probably sounding very impatient.

"It didn't... it didn't work, Amanda," Bonnie says like she can't even believe her own words. She's still sitting down on the ground, looking at the burned picture of Katherine.

I can't even bring up the words that I need. "Well, I mean, why can't you just try harder or something?!" I say frustrated - hearing Damon chuckle in the background. That son of a bitch.

Bonnie stands up and is now facing me. "I can't, Amanda! Katherine doesn't believe me. Maybe she thinks we just made this up so we can trap her."

"What?! Why? We wouldn't, right?"

Everyone shakes their heads but Damon being Damon had to make a sarcastic comment again. I roll my eyes and help Bonnie clean up all the candles while Elena's talking to Damon. Again, I could listen to their conversation but I'd rather not to. They deserve their privacy right? God, I need to puke - I'm too nice for my own good.

When I hand the last candle over to Bonnie I thank her for helping me and taking time to do this even though it didn't really work out.

"And I'm sorry if I responded a little...bitchy. I'm just feeling so messed up lately about all of this, it's making me sick." I sigh.

"Don't blame yourself, Amanda," she says with a sweet and calming voice, "you have every reason to be."

After Bonnie left I realized I really needed some alcohol. I would even consider getting myself drunk right now in the middle of the day if that means I can clear my head for a moment. I grab my red leather jacket and walk towards the door when all of a sudden Damon is standing in front of me. I sigh annoyed.

"That god damn vampire thing!"

"Where are you going?" He asks demanding, looking straight into my eyes.

"You can't compel you know." I say looking back at him.

"What the hell are you thinking? I'm not stupid." Damon responds while (ofcourse) rolling his eyes. "Now. Where are you going?"

"To the Grill." I admit. "I feel miserable and I wanna get drunk so if you'd just get out of my way..."

"I'll come with you." Excuse me?

"I thought you hated me?"

"I do, but I can't risk you feeding from people before you know who you can and can't kill."

"Safety first!" I mumble, as he takes my arm and walks me to his car. He's looking glorious as always by the way, but I don't think it's legal to think about that since he's dating my only friend at the moment. Don't get me wrong; they're perfect together. I'd totally ship it if I was one of those fans who's obsessed with TV shows and celebrities and all that. Gladly I'm not. They're a little overreacting if you'd ask me.