Game on

You can see Amanda's outfit when she goes on a 'date' with Matt on the side!
-----------------------------------

We just finished our lunch at school and now we're all walking to history. Apparently the Alaric guy is their history teacher, which I'm pretty excited about because he seems quite nice. I sit down next to Caroline, and Elena is sitting behind us next to Stefan.

"Soooo," Caroline says while clapping her hands, "how did it go?! I want details."

Right. During lunch I went searching for Matt who was playing basketball with Tyler outside because I wanted to apologize. Why, you may ask? Well, don't you remember my very not-so-charming murder night I had behind the Grill a few days ago?! That's why.

"He said he understood," I sigh, hearing Stefan chuckling as response, "He invited me to the Grill tonight after work."

"Oh my God, he asked you out?!" Caroline says with her super exciting and bubbly voice.

"I would't sa-" I try to say, but I get interrupted immediately.

"That is so cute. What are you going to wear? Oh my God, let me help you choose! Please, let me help you choose?"

Elena and I burst into laughing about Caroline being this excited when she is not even the one who's going on a date.

I nod, "Sure, Car, but you gotta chill out! I'm not the type of girl whose world stops spinning because of some guy." I say, and they all start laughing.

"That's what she said." Stefan mumbles, pointing at Elena, who can't stop laughing about the irony of this situation.

// Elena Gilbert quote from 1x02

***

It's 8 at night right now, and the girls and I just finished our pizza. Pepperoni ofcourse. Bonnie also came over, but left a few minutes ago. It was really nice actually, we laughed a lot and it was very interesting to talk to a Bennet witch.

I'm going to meet Matt at the Grill at nine, so I that's why I'm currently in Elena's bathroom trying on an outfit Caroline designed for me. She actually did quite a good job; denim skinny jeans, a neon pink crop top, and a black leader jacket. And for my shoes...

"What about my shoes?" I say, as I step out of the bathroom. Caroline lets out a little scream of excitement and then hands over those long brown boots from Elena. Oh hell no.

"Nah-ah, don't think so." I disagree, and jump over Elena's bed to find my black pumps standing there. That's just what I wanted.

"But those brown boots would look so mu-"

"Caroline!" Elena, who's also in the room, interrupts her "You look amazing, Amanda."

I giggle, "I know."

The three of us head downstairs, waiting till the clock turns 9:00. I have to be 'fashionably late', as Caroline calls it. Don't get me wrong, I love that girl. Let's just say that we have a lot in common, but we're also completely different at the same time. All of a sudden we hear the frontdoor open (more like break), following by the famous Salvatore brothers. They're both wearing their leader jackets and are looking good as always.

"We got a problem." Damon says, doing that weird thing with his eyebrows.

"Not today, Satan." I throw my hands up in the air and leave the house behind them, closing the door with a bang. They're not going to ruin my night. No one is. I feel like maybe Matt can be my reminder that there's still human left in me. Maybe he can make me happy again. Like, truly happy. I need that, you know. Yeah, I can be selfish and manipulating if I want to and trust me - I sure as hell was like that for one or two decades. But I still want to be able to love, to be loved, and to be in love. Bloody cheesy, I know. A weird thing about it though, is that I don't want to be human again. After everything, I still don't want to. I don't want to be a weak little Bulgarian girl again. I need power - and after I finally got it, I don't want to throw that away. Katherine needs it too, but she just keeps wanting more and more. Quickly, I shrug her off my mind. This is my night.