The First Event

Ayanokoji POV

After we submitted our lineup, we were teleported to a room, similar to the 'Custom Room' from the discussion room we were earlier, but many times bigger. At least, those of us who were part of the lineup. The area's name was 'Competition Site'.

Looking around the room, I see the rest of the students that I assume were chosen. There is also a screen showing the theater, where the rest of the students are sitting- watching us, presumably.

Something else that picked my interest was the amount of people in this room that were looking at me. Sakayanagi, Ryuuen, Kanzaki, Ichinose, Nagumo, Kiryuin, Yagami, Amasawa, Nanase- even Kiriyama was stealing glances.

As Nagumo's gaze moved to the other groups, his face went from his normal expression, to one of excitement, but also hints of worry.

Suddenly, Akira appeared and started talking "Alright, so this is everyone who will be competing." As he was scanning the participants, his eyes lingered on our group a little longer than the others. "It was said earlier, but I'll say it again. You will be competing in 3 events, followed by a break, and that repeats until the end of the exam. Now, I will reveal the Players from each class."

As he said that, another screen in the room lit up and it showed the names of the Player from each class. Most were expected, Nagumo in 3-A, Ryuuen in 2-D, Hosen in 1-D. But a select few stood out.

1-A Amasawa Ichika

1-B Yagami Takuya

2-A Sakayanagi Arisu

2-B Kanzaki Ryuji

3-A Kiryuin Fuka

Amasawa said she wasn't really interested in class competition, so not only participating, but as the Player - she must have some goal in mind.

Yagami, he is mostly a mystery. And considering his OAA physical is low and the rest of the students picked also have low physical OAA leads me to believe that at least one of them was holding back. The most likely is Yagami himself, as he was one of the students tasked to expel me. And Amasawa's reaction to seeing him was abnormal considering her usual behavior. She seemed to have a longing - no, more like an anticipating gaze.

For Sakayanagi, it would have made sense for her to put someone who is more physically capable as the Player, and she would act as a substitute. Though it seems she instead chose 2 physically capable student to outweigh her handicap, while keeping the Player position for herself.

Lastly, Kanzaki. I believe everyone was expecting Ichinose to be the Player. She has very high academic ability, and while she isn't very good physically, she could probably place fairly well, in addition to having Shibata. But Kanzaki being there isn't too unexpected either. He wouldn't be the 1st person you would think of, but he should be able to compete if tasked.

For Kiryuin's place as Player, I was expecting it. Even if Kiriyama has aligned himself with Nagumo, this is probably the best chance he will have to stay in the game. So there was probably some sort of negotiation to get Kiryuin to step up.

Akira spoke again. "I'll give you some time to discuss before we begin." We all nodded at his words.

And immediately...

Why is everyone moving towards us...?

Kanzaki, Nagumo, Amasawa, Yagami, Ryuuen, Hosen, Nanase and Ishigami are ALL coming towards here.

Sakayanagi was starting to come too, but seeing the crowd, she backed off.

The first to speak was Nagumo "Well, well, well, looks like someone's got a crowd, don't you think Ayanokoji?" He asked grinning. "I just wanted to say- Bring your A-game, I want to see what you're made of. A fair fight between the two of us." He announced. Looking towards the screen showing the theater, some of the students are losing their mind that someone like me is being challenged by Nagumo.