IX - The end

Khalil's POV

Grabe, ang daya niyong mag-girlfriend 'a. Sabay kayong nawala sa iisang araw. Ang daya ng mundo. But it's for the best. You both went through a lot of pain together, you deserve a rest from this cruel world.

We're here at the cemetery right now, we visited them. Astrid and Raixi. Ilang araw pa lang ang nakalipas simula no'ng pumanaw silang dalawa.

Flashback
"Rai, kumain ka muna. Hindi ka na kumakain, masama 'yan para sa health mo." Indigo said.

After the doctors succeeded the operation on Astrid a few days ago, she got in a coma. And after that incident, Raixi's silly and goofy self was no where to be found.

Raixi pleaded the doctors to put Astrid in the same room as hers para palagi niyang nakikita si Astrid and they agreed for Raixi's sake, thinking that if they do what she said, maaaring maging maayos ang condition ni Rai pero hindi. Her condition got worse day by day. She won't eat, she doesn't sleep that much and she just stay seated on her bed while looking at Astrid.

"Anak, kumain ka naman, please? Humihina lalo ang katawan mo." Raixi's mom said.

"Have you seen Astrid eat?" Raixi asked.

"No, anak pero-"

"I'll wait for her, ma. Sabay kaming kakain once she wakes up." Raixi said and that became a routine for her.

As days go by, Raixi's condition got worse and worse and worse. So is Astrid's. They found out that Astrid's already brain dead and only the machines are keeping her alive because of the sudden cardiac arrest that she suffered.

They knew about it but they couldn't tell Raixi about it. They know what'll happen.

"Can you leave us alone muna?" Raixi said at walang nagawa ang parents nila kung hindi sundin nalang si Raixi.

They left the room and Raixi looked at Astrid while her tears are falling on her cheeks.

Raixi's body became weaker that why all she can do right now is look at Astrid. She can't talk how she normally does either.

"Mahal, alam ko.. alam ko ang totoo. These machines... are the only ones.. k-keeping you alive. It didn't take too long for me t-to notice.. it. Hindi naman ako tanga, i took a medical course for f-fuck's sake. You suffered a cardiac arrest and i- i know na 'yan ang dahilan." Raixi said as she cried harder and she started catching her breath.

"Mahal.. i.. i-i never expected na.. g-ganito ang mangyayari sa'tin. I was doing well na 'di ba? Pero w-what happened to you? Ikaw naman ang s-sumunod... Ano ba ang ginawa natin para maging ganito t-tayo? We n-never treated anyone... badly. W-we're not bad persons naman pero... pero bakit ganito?" Raixi said while breathing heavily. Trying her best to say all the things she wants to say.

"H-hindi ko na kaya.. Sa totoo lang.. Pagod.. na pagod na ako, mahal ko. Naaawa lang ako s-sa parents ko... Especially.. my mom. Gustong gusto ko nang sumuko, mahal... I got even weaker when i knew that you were already brain dead.. N-naghihintay pala ako sa wala? Kasi even if i wait for you, you'll no longer be like before. I want to rest so... bad, Astrid. Im sure you want the s-same thing as well.."