Chapter 4 - To Vesperimane!

Killer sat on his bed, admiring the work of art he just created. He was really having fun placing a random paper in it and pulling it away. Why you may ask? Well... whenever something is placed in the basket, the basket randomly blooms a variety of flowers in random places, never the same place or type after that, and when the item placed inside the basket is removed, the flowers disappear. It was really a magnificent trick. The best part is that you can pick the flowers and it won't even damage the basket. It was like an infinite flower maker.

Killer's mind wondered off to places, he was really excited if you couldn't tell by the formal wear on a chair next to his bed.

The moon glowed ever so brightly in between the open curtains on the doorframe of his balcony. It was really late and the prince was still up, thinking about what the kingdom of Vesperimane looks like. A kingdom of the utmost highest quality technology like Siyent? Or the harvest-blessed Kingdom like Demetria? Either way, Killer wanted to know what this mysterious kingdom looked like. He just hoped that it was like the place he imagined since he was a child.

He placed the basket on his nightstand and laid down on his mattress. He intertwined his hands together as he stared at the ceiling with a smile before closing his eyes and falling into peaceful slumber.

"Tommorow is going to be a great day!"

As the prince slept, the night began to fade into the early morning. Killer was still fast asleep on his bed. Suddenly, a knock followed by calls from an old servant spoke. "Prince Killer, Mr. Bird is waiting for you!" She announced. Killer stirred in his bed before shouting "..I'll be right there...!". He sat up as he rubbed his eye sockets. "Okay my young master." The maid spoke back and Killer hummed. He was still half asleep, he yawned as he stretched before opening his eyes. He could see the outside of his balcony that it was still kind of dark but nonetheless, he got up and headed towards the bathroom without any complains.

As he took a bath in the cold water, he relaxed a bit inside the tub. Why did the maids didn't prepare hot water for his bath you may ask? Well, the prince prefers cold water rather than hot. He does not know why but he just does.

He grabbed the liquid soap and squeezed a bit on his hand before returning the soap bottle to its rightful place. As he began to use the soap to clean himself, thoughts began emerging in his mind.

"I will finally get to visit Vesperimane!", "What are the princes like? I hope they're nice!", "What does "Ube" taste like?" Those were basically his thoughts, packed with expectation and curiousity.

As the prince finished his bath, he got up and dried himself with a towel before wrapping it around his waist to cover his lower body. He headed out to his room and glanced over to his sleeping rabbit inside its designated cage. He smiled at it before walking towards the chair that held his clothing to wear at the ball and started changing into the formal wear.

After he changed into his clothes, he twirled around while quickly walking towards his body length mirror and looked at himself from top to bottom. He was stunning as a star! He wore a pair of black tight-ish pants, a poet shirt with a black vest with golden outlines. After he was done admiring himself, he grabbed the basket before heading outside. An elderly maid stood before him and curtsied. Killer, in return, bowed down to the elderly maid before they began to talk.

"Why does Mr. Bird ask of me at a time like this, Mrs. Gabi?" The prince asked with curiousity and the elderly maid smiled. "Don't you have a ball to attend, my prince?" She asked and Killer politely giggled at that. He walked back to his room and grabbed the magical basket he had placed last night on the stand before rushing out the door.

The elderly maiden chuckled at the prince's excitement as he darted down the hall, she too was happy for the gay prince.

••••••••

As Killer opened the castle doors, he could see Mr. Bird and his mom conversating about a matter. Killer walked out and stood next to his mom before listening to what they were talking about. "Okay Mr. Bird? My son is VERY precious to me, and If he were to get injured during the journey, I will PERSONALLY assassinate your whole family. Hehe, okay?" She warned as she wrapped her arms around her son in a hug.

Bird awkwardly nodded and stared at the prince who was being suffocated by his own mother by hug. He took his mom's words seriously since... This Kingdom was the mass producer of the deadliest assassins alive and dead, and the queen was no exception. After all, the name "Stilletona" stems from the word "Stilleto", the name of the most preferred weapon of choice of assassins.

Killer's mom gave him a lot of kisses on the cheek and forehead before handing him to Bird. "Take care honey! Your mask thingy & breakfast are in Bird's knapsack." His mother informed and Killer hugged his mother in gratitude before walking towards Bird.

His mother then proceeded back inside the castle and the two were left. Killer looked at Bird and realized that his knapsack was worn in front of him and he knelt down. This made Killer confused and then he said "Hop on, prince Killer.". Killer was surprised.

"You mean... On your back?" He asked and Bird chuckled before nodding. Killer awkwardly walked closer and hopped on his back. He held tight and Bird stood up before walking backwards slowly before accelerating forwards. "Okay, this is gonna get blowy. Hold on tight prince!" Bird exclaimed. This frightened Killer a bit and he held on tight to him before Bird jumped and his wings spread out.

Killer stared at everything in awe and before he knew it, he was flying across the dark sky. Bird now summoned some magical goggles and wore it and gave the extra to Killer who was enchanted by the unusual way of transport.

Killer thanked Bird and Bird gave him a thumbs up. He then gave Killer his breakfast and it was wrapped in some kind of paper. Killer accepted it and he opened the wrapper, revealing a delicious and fat sandwhich which was filled with delicious meats and greens. Bird wasn't flying at a fast pace so Killer could eat his breakfast without any problems.

After the two ventured through the skies, it became morning. When it got hot, Bird made a special magical shield that could block sun rays, and when it rained halfway, the two wrapped themselves in a mini force field that prevented rain from drenching them. Eventually they reached The Forest of Dryads, the landmark that indicated of Vesperimane's location.

Killer had gawked at every wonder he had sight of, he had seen almost everything in their travels. Now he was staring at the forest that was blooming with fruit trees and flowery trees alike. Then when he stared at what was ahead, he could see a giant mighty wall.

Killer's eyes widened in shock, they were almost there! He smiled and happily giggled in excitement, Bird had taken notice of this and smiled. "We're almost there prince. Here, wear your mask." He said and gave him his mask. Killer happily wore it and looked down, there he saw a clear patch below and a couple of figures down in elegant dresses and suits.

They suddenly descended before the wall and Killer was startled by the sudden force of wind. The two landed safely and he got off, shaken. Bird asked if he was okay and Killer stared at him before happily exclaiming "THAT WAS AMAZING MR. BIRD!". The older laughed and patted the prince on the head before replying "Glad you liked the trip.".

Killer looked around before blushing, it was concealed but he still felt embarrassment as the other sons and daughters of royalty stared at him in discrimination. The worst of all was he could see it since they weren't wearing any masks at all. He stared at the wall gates and he could see two contrasting individuals standing by it.

One was Golden, the other Tyrian Purple...
•••••••
A/N: After months... I've finally updated this book. 💀💀💀