Chapter 7 - Mini Tour

The sky was orange as two skeletons explored the maze-like market. It was really exciting for the prince of Stilletona since this was his first time seeing it. There were many shops and stans in an array of colors. The mages and hermits that ran these stans were also magnificent & talented beyond his expectations.

Never had he seen Performing Magic arts such as Dancing, Singing, and Magician magic before, and the culinary mages were truly skilled in their craft as evident in the many customers that came to them. Every store and shop brought different yet wondrous things to the table.

Prince Killer was especially amazed.

The black-teared prince gawked at the sight as his "escort" silently chuckled in the background. He found it amusing how Killer was amused by the most common of places. He didn't mean to de-value but he had seen & visited this place more than anyone could count so it felt pretty old to him.

As the two walked, something shimmered in Killer's eyes. A run-old shop that seemed mysterious...

"Hey, what's that?" Killer asked and Night turned to look at him. Killer pointed at the run-old shop and a distasteful look appeared behind his mask. "Why do you ask?" He questioned and Killer paused; He kinda felt Night's tone and how discouraging it sounded. It brought a bit of humiliation to his nonexistent gut but he answered anyway. "...Well, it looks interesting." He pointed out and Night paused, noticing how Killer's tone darkened.

Apparently, that shop was owned by a fraud that liked to rip people off by giving them false hope or false despair so it really darkened his whole day that Killer wanted to go there.

"Are you sure? A random old hag who likes to scam owns that place." Night warned and Killer eyed him suspiciously. "An old hag that likes to scam? Why haven't you guys already taken the business down?" He asked and Night sighed, he didn't know how to put this into words.

"Well... Experience." He mumbled and Killer took it in before lightly chuckling. "Okay, if you say so but I'm still going." He said boldly and booped Night's nose with his finger. The lad was left speechless as he saw the prince of Stilletona leaving for the suspicious shop.

He tried to chase after him but he got caught up in his business instead. Somehow, the two found themselves sitting on a chair with a crystal ball practically shoved into their faces. An old and skinny woman across from them laughed at the two as she did random motions in front of the crystal ball. She had white hair as if snow and she had red tattoos marking her body as if they were red vines.

Night practically frowned at himself at how easily he was convinced to stay here. He was in a pickle jar too. He had a history with this woman and it didn't really go well. Long story short, she practically told him that in the future, someone he loved was gonna die.

Killer was hella excited for the fortune and when the hag finally revealed it, he practically gasped in shock of what it was.

Long story short- she said that he'd be stuck in this kingdom forever, which was really unexpected... Killer looked at Night and all he saw was just him staring coldly at the old hag who laughed in glee. "And YOU! Purple lad will soon lose his heart to a dangerous and cunning assassin." The old woman cackled and Killer's escort stood up in annoyance.

"Hahaha, I'm not gonna let myself get killed by some random assassin, Old Hag!" He blurted out and Killer stared at him a-gasped. He stood up and defended the old woman by saying, "Hey! You should watch your mouth around the elderly, especially women! You don't have to believe everything that she says.". Night practically stared at him, eyes wide open as he witnessed Killer apologizing for him??? To the stinky-liar woman???

"I apologize..." He muttered, still confused by the whole situation. The old woman laughed some more behind him and eventually said "Okay, that was enough shit-shat. Scram ya'll blue bloods!". Killer bid her farewell, not really paying attention to her words. While Night was practically fuming inside. He really hated that crazy old woman.

The two then walked back to the town square which was really an awkward moment for the both of them given the recent situation at the Fortune-teller. "I'm sorry for the outburst back there..." Night muttered, stricken with guilt as he watched Killer walk with less energy than before. The prince of Stilletona perked up at that and began to chuckle a bit. "It's okay, but you've got to fix that pettiness. Wouldn't want my escort to get into trouble now would we?~" He said seductively as he grazed his fingers on Night's shoulders and the purple skeleton erupted into a shade of purple.

Killer couldn't see it but he knew what his silence meant which made him laugh some more. He turned to the sky and was surprised to see that the sun was finally setting. He stopped abruptly to gaze at the orange canvas and Night stared at him in confusion, weirded out by his sudden behavior.

"Wow... Is this what a sunset looks like in Vesperimane?" Killer asked and Night hummed. "The sky looks so... Twinkley and yellow-orange-pink-purpley..." The shorter skeleton pointed out and the purple one chuckled a bit. "I know a place where you can get a better view, your highness." The escort mentioned and prince Killer excitedly turned to him. "Really? Then let's go!" He spoke and immediately grabbed Night's hand.

This caught the young escort off-guard and he stuttered "O-okay then...". Killer let out a big smile, even though not visible, Night could some how feel it. The two then headed to Night's supposed "better view".

They walked on golden bricks and passed through busy streets. Though they needed to rush to catch the sunset, Killer still took the chance to look around. Whenever and wherever he looked around, all he saw was wonder. Things inordinary and unseen in his kingdom.

Magical graffiti that moved and glowed, fire flies helping elderly carry heavy crates, and random magic-blessed people with amazing and creative outfits. He swore that he saw a lady with this large red mushroom hat that had little crystals dangling by thin vines that wrapped around the mushroom hopping from lamposts to lamposts; sprinkling glowing dust inside. He saw children of different ethnicities practicing different kinds of magic. He even saw an old man breathe fire after drinking his tea. Everything sparked interests in Killer's eyes.

And just like that, they reached a park. Killer was a bit taken-aback when he saw the short iron fences. He could already see willow trees that had bits of glowing crystals, patches of blue echo flowers, and little tiny glowing people, presumably fairies...

"We're here!" Night announced to him and the shorter person immediately asked "So where is this beautiful view you mentioned?", full of curiosity and excitement. Night then brought him in further and led him to a willow tree.

Killer tilted his head in confusion and turned to look at Night to find answers but all he found was Night standing in a smug pose. "What happens next?" Killer asked and he replied "Go to that vine and pull on it.". A bit confused, he went to do as told and as soon as he pulled it, he was dragged up and he was launched to the top of the tree. He was so shocked by the sudden pull that he was dead silent.

When he finally fell down, he was greeted by Night's arms catching him from falling to the ground. As he looked around, he could finally see that he was at the highest branch of the tree. Night then gently placed him on his feet, holding his hand to prevent him from slipping.

The two were silent for a while when Night asked with concern, "Are you okay...? Was it too much?". Killer looked at him dead in the eyes and asked, "Too much...?". Night awkwardly nodded and Killer immediately erupted into a state of excitement saying "Yes, and I loved it!!!". The escort sighed in relief and he pulled apart some of the leaves, giving Killer a chance to see what he had been bragging about.

Killer's widened in shock and he gasped at the breath-taking view. He could see the sun and moon at the same time and all the stars twinkling with glee. The gradient of yellow, orange, pink, and purple brought harmony to the whole environment and he could see all the magic happening down below. "This is amazing..." He muttered and Night smiled, he'd been waiting for someone who'd speak the same opinion of this view.

The two of them watched as the sun had fully set and the moon rising up. Suddenly, all the lights went out and Killer asked in worry "What happened?". He looked into Night's glowing purple eyes and stopped to stare at it...

He couldn't help but watch those colors of amethysts turn to him. "It's okay, nothing's wrong." Night reassured him and suddenly, the environment around them glowed of crystal colors. The moon shun on them brightly and the cold breeze lightly brushed their clothes. Both of them stared at each other, speechless. Fireflies flew around the two and all Killer could see was a magical moment between him and Night...

DING DONG!