CHAPTER 1 : RUMOUR

He was crying but I didn't see that . He smiled when I smiled , he laughed when I laughed , he was upset when I was upset . He liked me when I didn't know he existed. He loved me when all I did was hurt him . He entered my life in the form of a rumour but left it without a warning . He was like a moon on a sunny day , he was there but I never saw him . Yes he fell first but I fell too hard . That's how I met your father .

I know I don't talk about him much and not because I don't want you to know about him but because it hurts very much to admit that I lost the most beautiful thing I had in my life, your father .

He came into my life as a rumour . I was in sixth grade when I first noticed him . He was a average looking guy then but something in him was very familiar, very friendly . We were supposed to sit together for our first semester exams in our ninth grade . We sat through two hours without saying anything.
But when I went outside and met my friends, we were all complaining about the test and everything when I heard someone call my name . I turned around to see him making his way towards me . How did he know my name . " You left your ID on the desk ." He said places the ID on my hand . I didn't say anything. But he was waiting for me to say something. I was so caught up in him that I forgot my manners .
" Thank you errr... What was your name again . "
" ZAHEER , ZAHEER  QURESHI "
" Thank you, Zaheer. Have a good day."

I turned around and started walking away . My friends started talking again . That's when Disha mentioned , " Isn't he the one who keeps following you around. I've seen him staring at you many times . Creep . "
"What?" I didn't see that coming.
" Yess , Afreen says he likes you infact he has liked you since fifth grade . I thought you knew about it . " ,Riya added to this newfound information.
" What are you all talking about?"
" Well it was the most famous rumour in our fifth grade. You're the reason why Zaheer and Sanjay Avasti had a fight in the picnic of our sixth grade . "
" Me , how ? "
" Sameer said something inappropriate about you and made the mistake of saying it in front of Zaheer . "
" Oh my God and your telling this to me now ." I gape at her .
" Well I didn't want to upset you. "She shrugs her shoulder and starts walking again. 
" Way to keep me in the dark . " I walked away .
Once at home . My mom bomdarded me with questions .
" How was the test?" She said with her folded under her bossom
" It was good ." I say while taking my shoes off.
" So will you get full marks . " She says with a happy tone , thinking I'll top this year .
" No mom , I won't get full marks . " Starting to get irritated with her .
" Why, you just said it was good that means it was easy right ?" She says with a edge in her tone .
" MOM "
" Okay okay , sit down ,eat something and go prepare for your next exam. Atleast score well in this one . " She says ,returning to the kitchen.

That's what I am, a big disappointment. I make my way upstairs.
" I don't want to eat , I'm not hungry. " I yell from the top .
I go to the bathroom to get freshed .  As the water runs down my body my thoughts go back to the sixth grade's picnic.