Untitled Part 6

When Jordan saw her father on her bed and holding her phone she exploded. "You looked at my phone?! You have no right looking at my stuff!"

"Last time I checked Jordan, that's you're wrong" Came her father's sharp, rough voice. "Number one, I bought this phone and I pay the bill therefore it's my phone, not yours. And number two, what rights do I have? The right as your father gives me all rights to look through your stuff. You're 14 and under my roof. Your business is my business. Now explain who this is missing you and can't wait to see you again. Don't you dare lie to me either. Who were you with and whose house were you at?"

"You're overreacting! It was just some kid at the library, he invited me back to his house to hang out"

"Don't lie to me Jordan Lynn, now who were you with? Tell me the truth or I find out myself and believe me you don't want me to do that"

"I'm not lying! You don't believe me"

"You've given me no reason to! You've been lying, sneaking around. I can't trust you anymore Jordan. I know losing Justin" He paused, god that pain will always be there and it would still be fresh and raw for a while. "I know it was hard and it's been hard for you, it's been hard for me. But I can't lose you too. I just can't. You're all I've got"

"I was at the library and met up with a kid from school, he invited me back to his house to hang out for a while. That's the truth. It's your choice to believe it or not"

"You're right and I don't believe you so until you decide to tell me the truth on who this person is and where you actually were, this phone stays with me and you're not to leave this house without me"

"Dad! That's not fair!"

"Nobody said life would be fair. That's what happens when you decide to lie and sneak around behind my back. You can tell me the whole truth now or I will find out on my own and you know exactly how I get if I find out anything on my own. Now this is your last chance to tell me the truth before I walk out this room and if I walk out the phone stays with me, I look into who you were really with, I take your computer and you're grounded for a month"

"A month?! Dad that's so not fair"

"Seems to me it's more than fair. Now your decision, tell me the truth or I find out on my own. It's your choice"

"I already told you it was a kid from the library, we hung out at his house. That's all. Can I have my phone back?"

He got up from the bed and put the phone in his pocket. "Yeah you can have that and your computer back in a month or when you decide to tell me the actual truth. And you're grounded too"

"Dad!"

"Jordan. Now that's out of the way, go to bed. You have school in the morning and I'm taking you and someone will be picking you up so don't try and think you'll be sneaking anywhere" He went over to his daughter and put a hand on her shoulder. "You may think I'm being unfair now but I'm trying to protect you and do what's best for you. I want you to get your life back together. No more drugs, no more alcohol, I want you to be you again. I want my daughter back. You'll understand one day"

As much as she wanted to be mad at her father, she couldn't. He was looking out and protecting her, like any parent would. Especially considering the sudden and recent death of Justin. He was trying to make sure he doesn't lose her the way he lost his son. And if he found out about Johnny either way, Hank will kill him. Especially if it was true of Johnny sexually assaulting if not raping her, her father would make him suffer in pain so unimagine words wouldn't be able to describe it.

After taking her laptop and phone to his room, locking it away Jordan was royally screwed. Now she had no way of contacting Johnny and warning him about her father. If Johnny felt the wrath of Hank Voight he wouldn't live to tell the tale.

Jordan had to find a way to get her phone because if her father found out about Johnny and actually found him. All hell would be broken loose in the city, the devil would be set loose and it would be damn near impossible to stop him.

The teen then decided something slightly risky. She checked in to make sure her father was asleep and he was out like a light. Looking to his nightstand for her phone it wasn't there. Dammit. If she searched the room she'd risk waking him up. A light bulb had gone off in her head. The teen had crept down to the basement where her father's wall safe was, she'd seen him put the code in a million times.

Punching the code in the safe had opened and there was her phone and laptop, reaching in she grabbed both. Her eyes had then seen the stacks of cash. Taking her phone and computer back was one thing but stealing money from her father, that seemed like a line she didn't want to cross. She didn't know what he was keeping that money for. It could have been for her nephew and Olive, for her, an emergency. She didn't know.

Leaving the safe door open she had to make this quick, she had to call Johnny and warn him about her father. She dialed his number and it rang and rang the entire time her heart pounded in her chest hoping he'd answer and she didn't get scammed or screwed. Just as she was about to hang up there was a soft but deep chuckle coming on the phone.

"Miss me again, sweetheart? This is the second time today, what can I do for you this fine night" Johnny answered.

"No flirting right now Johnny, listen to me. My dad went through my phone and found your messages and where I left your place. I didn't tell him about you but I know my father, tomorrow he's gonna start looking into who my new friend is. I can't let you get caught by my dad. He will kill you. You need to get out of the city and disappear"

What Jordan didn't know was Johnny had already planned on leaving the city and already had the house he was in cleared out. There was just one thing he was missing.

"Come with me Jordan"

The teen froze, her heart stopped. What had he just said? He wanted her to leave with him? It took a moment for her to get her voice back.

"Wha...What?"

"I want you to leave Chicago with me Jordan. I know it's too soon and fast but I fell in love with you Jordan, I can't spend another day without you. I can give you a better life. I can give you everything you can ever imagine. Come with me Jordan. What do you say?"