Untitled Part 7

Jordan froze, he was actually asking her to leave with him. She didn't know about this, ignoring her father and ducking the others was one thing but to just up and leave with a grown man. A man whom she just met and knew nothing about and who could have most likely sexually assaulted her. The teen didn't know what to do.

"I don't know Johnny, we just met. Can I think about it?" She replied softly.

"I'm leaving tomorrow night, midnight" He informed her.

"I'll let you know by then"

"Can't wait to hear from you, baby"

She blushed and hung up, she erased everything in her phone regarding Johnny then took the battery and chip out. She knew without the proper chip none of the information would come up nor could it be tracked or traced. Quickly she put a new chip in it with the same information but no trace of Johnny. Putting the battery back she put it back in the safe and locked it up again.

Quietly she went back to her room and lay in her bed remembering Johnny's words, for the first time since her brother died she felt almost happy. She was growing feelings for him but wasn't sure what kind of feelings and not only was that confusing but they also scared her. As she lay there her mind was roaming a thousand miles an hour as for the first time in weeks she was being pulled into a peaceful sleep and slept soundly.

Hank awoke the next morning and needless to say, he was still livid with his daughter but had slowly simmered down. He wanted to give her another chance to explain herself before taking matters into his own hands.

He brewed some coffee and made some breakfast for his daughter, about 15 minutes later Jordan came down dressed in one of her brother's shirts, some jeans, and her sneakers. Her hair was thrown into a loose ponytail. Looking at the table she saw her father sipping at some coffee. The tension was so heavy and thick between the father and daughter that a hot knife could cut through it.

"Morning dad, I thought you'd be at work already," Jordan says, pouring some orange juice.

"Why? Planning on going somewhere?" Hank asked pointedly.

"I didn't mean it like that"

"I told them I was gonna be late, I want to talk to you again"

"We already talked yesterday and last night"

"No, I talked, you however are lying your ass off. Now give me the chip from your phone you know the one you stole outta your phone last night when you went into my safe"

The teen looked wide-eyed, how the hell did he know that? "I-I don't-" She was cut off.

"Don't you even dare lie to me, you went down to my safe last night, got your phone, made a call, and after you switched the chip. Now give me the right chip"

"H-how do you know any of that?"

"I didn't put cameras in here for my health. I got the notification on my phone and watched it on my phone, now give it to me"

She went and got the small piece of technology from her room and put it in her father's awaiting hand. "Happy?"

"Drop the attitude. Now let's revisit the talk from last night"

"I'm not in the mood to revisit that"

"I don't frankly give a damn what you're in the mood for or to do. Who were you with yesterday?"

"I already told you, it was a kid from school"

"Funny, you don't have any friends from school except Theo"

She was screwed because her father knew her too damn well. What the hell was she gonna do? Jordan knew her father was far better at these games than she ever could be. Hell, he practically invented them.

"I have to-" She was cut off yet again by her father.

"You're not going anywhere until we finish this" His voice was sharp.

"Dad, stop treating me like I'm one of your suspects" Her voice grew just as sharp and defensive.

"Then stop acting like one"

A small gasp had left the teen's mouth, she never thought the day would come when her father would compare her to one of his criminal suspects. But she can't blame him because she was acting like one, but it still hurt. The truth was a bitch and it hurt.

She quickly blinked back tears and got up from the table walking away before she'd say something she'd regret. Her urge came back stronger and she wanted to be numb. She didn't wanna feel anything after that.

Hank insistently regretted what he said and grabbed her arm. "Jo, I'm sorry"

"No, I'm sorry" She yanked her arm away from him. "I'm sorry you got such a screw-up for a daughter"

Before Hank could say anything she had stormed out of the house slamming the door in her wake. The tears in her eyes finally fell, being she didn't have her phone she couldn't get in contact with Johnny instead she made her way to his house.

Hank left to follow his daughter but she had been long gone. He felt stupid for taking her phone because now he had no way of getting in touch with her or tracking her. He texted his team to go out and look for his daughter, he texted Mouse to meet him at the District to go over the chip from Jordan's phone.

The older father was indeed very worried and concerned about his daughter and he would be in for a shock when he found out what his daughter was up to and who exactly she was talking to.

Jordan arrived at Johnny's house still very upset over her father's words. The truth always stung and hurt. She started rapidly knocking on his door till it was opened by the man himself.

Before he could get a word out the teen spoke first. "Screw leaving at midnight. Are you ready now?"

He smiled. "Let's go baby"

"We need to make a stop before we leave"

"Anything for my girl"