Chapter 1: Trying

So a lot of you have been asking me for a sequel to Spider-verse: The Twist and I thought, 'Hey why not.' So here it is.

Like The Twist, this will basically be me rewriting Spider-Man Across the Spider-verse, but with my own added twists of how I wished it had gone down. Plus, after watching that movie, I think we all deserve an alternate ending. Don't y'all agree?

It may get a bit tedious to read if you've seen the movie multiple times because this is basically the movie... but different if that makes sense. Though if you're a die-hard Miles and Gwen shipper like I am, re-seeing a lot of it shouldn't bother you.

Just so you guys know, once you start reading the story, you are going to hate me throughout the beginning but believe me this story won't be like The Twist. It will end happily... Probably.

Now on to the story.

*******

Miles

Alright, guys, I'm sure you know the story, but I'll tell it one last time, just for the heck of it.

My name is Miles Morales.

I was bitten by a radioactive spider, funny story actually. I saved a bunch of people, got hit by a drone, fell in love... And for the last year and a half, I have been your favorite Spider-Man.

I would say 'the one and only' but... you know how it goes.

I saved the city from a multiversal fiasco, but... lost my Uncle Aaron, as well as my friend and mentor. Peter Parker was his name and he's someone I can only hope to live up to. They are why I keep going, striving to make them proud.

On the way I met spiders just like me: Peni Parker, Peter B. Parker, Peter Porker, a black and white Peter Parker, and Gwen.

Gwen Stacy

After sending my friends home from the collider. I continued on as Spider-man. I saved the city, kept up with school, saved the city again, hung out with my roommate, and saved the city. I missed turning in an essay, and saved the city once again, got a 'B-' on my Algebra test and saved the city once more, got stabbed, then got a C on my English test, I stopped a robbery, then fell asleep in history class, and then- you guessed it- I saved the city.

All of which has brought me here, to my living room.

"Mijo, your grades just keep getting lower and lower! Lo que está mal? Don't you study?"

"Sí, Mami," I replied sheepishly, tugging absentmindedly on my hoodie string, "I study and I... try to pay attention in class as much as I can."

"As much as you can?" Dad parroted, forcing a gulp from me, "You really call sleeping in class the best you can do?"

"Sleeping in class?!" Mom furrows her brows, "Miles, you are better than that."

I was getting the 'I'm disappointed in you and I'm not dying to hide it' talk from my parents. Their narrowed eyes felt acid burning holes through the side of my face. I kept my gaze flicked downward, unable to meet theirs, because of the feelings that would arise when I saw the looks on their faces... I wasn't sure if I could handle that again right now.