3 years

I moved to Korea 3 years ago to study fine art.

I always been fascinated a lot by art and how it can vary from everywhere around the world.

That's why, 3 years ago, I decided to apply for a school exchange.

Korea wasn't my first choice, but I didn't mind it.

I always wanted to go actually, maybe studying there wasn't in my plan at all, but I went anyway.

It took me 1 year to be fluent in Korean. Now it's like I'm home, but I still miss my family.

I couldn't really go see them a lot since I moved here, plane tickets are expensive, especially for university student like me. I only went twice, the first time on winter break and the last time when my sister got married. It was a big moment in my sister's life so a couldn't miss it. I took a second part-time job for the occasion, and it was the worst choice I made. Because I met him.

Lee Heeseung.

I couldn't help falling in love with him. How could I not every feature of this man is perfect in my eyes, his nose, his eyes, his smile, the way his voice sound, the way he talks, the way he walks, his little habits, his love for ramen. He was perfect to me, and I loved him. Maybe that was my problem, I loved him too much. My love for him made me blind.

we worked together at a supermarket near our university. I knew who he was, Heeseung was popular with the girls. Like really popular. It surprised me at first, he was handsome of course. Yet, I didn't see why girls tended to like him more than other handsome guys at our school. Heeseung was like the only one in their eyes. He never seemed to smile or to talk with anyone except his friends. He ignored everyone most of the time and that's where it didn't stick right with me. Where I come from, popular guys are people pleaser, you see, they talk with everyone. Big time extrovert who likes to flirt with all girls they see, exactly the opposite of Heeseung. I don't think I've ever saw him with a girl other than the one who confess to him. They always get rejected, even the pretty girls. They all get rejected. That's where I thought I was different.

He wasn't completely cold with me. When we worked together, we sometime talk to make the time pass faster, we ate together when no client where around and he sometime smiled at me when he saw me at school. That's when my heart started to beat faster around him. I found myself looking for him at school or looking forward to work with him even to I hated my job at the supermarket. The more the day past by the more I liked him. I felt special. I felt special enough to believe he also had feeling for me, so I asked him out one day.

Flashback

''hey, Heeseung. I have a question...''

''hmmmm? ''

''I think I like you. ''

''that's not I question. ''

''oh yeah sorry... would you... would you like to go out with me? ''

''ok. ''

''ok? ''

''yeah why not. ''

''really! So, we're dating now! ''

End of flashback

I didn't know he would agree. Looking back now they were a lot of signs that he didn't like me back like I did. You see I always seemed to put all my effort in our relationship while he didn't even try, for example on our one-year anniversary, I had to make all the reservation as well as planning our date for him to forget the gift that his friend Sunoo bought for me because he wasn't planning on getting me anything at all. I thought I had the right to be a little sulky since I poured my heart and soul planning that date for both of us when he ditched me in the middle of our picnic at the park next to the Han river for him to have an ''emergency'' turns out, he was called by his best friend to go see the new marvel movie with him. The next day he told me to stop being petty about the situation it was just a date that we could redo another day.
And it's only today that I realize that Heeseung never liked me back after hearing him speaking with Jake on the phone about me.

Flashback (a few hours ago)

Jake: ''Heard you got yourself a girlfriend! ''

Hee: ''yeah, I think it's been a year now. ''

Jake: ''wait! Really! Why didn't you tell me earlier? ''

Hee: '' it's nothing serious. ''

Jake: ''Bro you literally have a girlfriend! What's not serious about that? ''

Hee: '' no like it's really nothing serious, I'm only dating her so girls at school would leave me alone. ''

End of flashback

I didn't want to hear anything else. Knowing I was being use by him all made sense. I always thought I loved him more than he loved me, but I never thought he didn't love me at all. He wasn't just not putting effort in the relationship a thing I used to excuse by him not having past dating experience. He just didn't want a relationship with me. It broke my heart. All the hint were in front of me the whole time, but I was so in love with him that I couldn't even see that he didn't like me. I was heartbroken but I still hoped it wasn't true somehow, that he could explain everything to me. And that's why I'm here today in front of Heeseung house trying to gain the courage to knock at his door.

Author note:
If you didn't read the description before. I advice you to do so ;) there might be information you could need before starting this story :)