Panic attack

You are invited to my son and his new girlfriend engagement party

"What the fuck"

Present

I'm having a panic attack. I'm struggling to breath; my heart is beating out of my chest, and I feel like dying.

I am fucked.

Not only did I not want to pretend to be Heeseung's girlfriend, but I certainly didn't want his dad to plan an engagement party the minute I told him we were "together".

I knew what kind of a man Mr. Lee was so the new wasn't quite surprising since he "jokingly" planned to make me his daughter in law since we met at the interview few months ago. I say "jokingly" because he looked really insisting that time. From what I remember, I really wanted me to go on a date with his son which I politely decline.

But now...

When he heard Heeseung saying that I was his girlfriend well overheard, he looked so delight, that I didn't want to break it to him. I mean, it didn't seem like that bad of an idea at the time.

But now...

Now, I'm outside of the budling we were in trying really hard to breath properly with Heeseung babbling some nonsense next to me like

"I'll talk to him"

"I'll fix this misunderstanding"

Whatever he fixes this or not I couldn't care less, because the only thing I want is to breath.

"Stop talking" I managed to say in between fast breath

I fell like my lungs are filled with water and I'm choking.

"Are you ok?" Heeseung ask

"Do I look ok?"

I look at him in disbelief. Did he just realize that!

"I'm having a panic attack idiot!" I add

But I shouldn't have because now it's worst. I'm passing around trying to find my air back before settling on the ground of exhaustion.

I might faint at this point.

I look up to stop my tears from falling and Heeseung's standing at the same spot as earlier, not moving, like he's paralyzed or something.

I look back down letting my tears flow while I still can't seem to be able to breath and it makes me panic even more

What if I die?

Have people ever died of panic attack?

Because it sure seems like I'm going to die!

I'm still spiraling when I feel something soft on my lips.

Heeseung is kissing me.

Not just I tiny peck, a full-on kiss, like he wants to make out or something.

Really!

When I finally come back to my sense, I push him away

"Are you fucking crazy! I'm having a panic attack and the only thing you do is kiss me! You fucking asshole!"

I stand up ready to smack him across the face.

"Don't! I read somewhere that you can stop a panic attack by holding your breath"

"So, you kissed me!"

"Yeah, I didn't have any other idea okay! I'm sorry. But look it worked you're breathing now."

He was right I was breathing now; I didn't even realize because I was to pissed at him for kissing me that I was fine now. I-

"Thank you... I- I really thought I was gonna die for a second there. So, thank you, for- for helping me." I say shyly

I can't believe I'm thanking him for kissing me

"it's the least I could do after you know, the trouble I put you in." I answer with a faint smile on his face

And I'm bring back to the present

"What do we do now, with you know all the engagement things?" I ask

"I'll take care of it, don't worry." He answers

"Thank you." I smile at him than he smiles back

"Are you hungry?" he asks

"I wouldn't mind some food" I answer because honestly, I'm starving.

"There's a convenient store around here, I would invite you to a restaurant but unfortunately, it's late and everything is closed."

"I love convenient store food" I smile dusting myself off since I've been sitting on the floor earlier.

"I love it too, it reminds me of when we were working together." He looks in my eyes smiling.

"Yeah..." I add not being able to break the eyes contact.

A car honk and it startled me making us both look toward the noise.

"We should go."

Author note;

Hi, it's me, I know it's been I while since I didn't update but with the start of the new semester, I was busy and I still am. But, I thought that it would be great for my mental health to publish a new chapter and also for the few people who read this story.

Thank you:)

OH, and happy early valentine's day to every one <3