chapter 3

Glenda's POV:

It was a wensday and the beginning of a stormy August day, I could barely hear the storms over the sound of a young boys screaming and crying. I quickly got up and went to the entry way were I caught sight of a adorable little boy. The boy had black hair that looked so fluffy and amazing eyes one blue and one green, his face was red and tear stained from all his crying.

"Please stop crying I'm sure your gonna find a good family," Mary said but this only made the boy cry harder. "I want to go HOME," the boys screamed at Mary.

Mary is one of the newer staff at the orphanage, and trying and failing to calm the boy. I approached the boy, staying about four feet from the boy before saying,"Mary what's going on." The boy looked at me with anger as a distressed Mary said," this young boy was dropped off and he keeps screaming that he needs to go home." It was then we heard shouting from upstairs.

I knew exactly what it was and quickly decided I would rather send Mary upstairs to deal with it.
"Mary I'll take care of the boy you go check what's going on upstairs." Mary let out a relieved sigh jokes on her as it's triplet seven year old boys fighting over being breathed on, or taking the others stuff.

Just then we heard a crash and Mary sprinted upstairs. I then turned to the boy and didn't bother coming to close or blocking the door, I wanted the boy to feel safe and like he could walk away at anytime. "Hey there Kiddo what's your name." The boy was ignoring me, or at least I thought he was until he spoke.

"I'm Casey, who are you." The boy spoke in a shakie voice that betrayed how scared he was. "Nice to meet you Casey I'm Glenda and I'm fourteen how old are you." They boy finally had calmed down and took a seat on the floor a few feet away. "I'm four can I go home now." I shook my head sadly at the boy. "No you can't go home right now. Can you tell me what happened."

The boy began to explain what had happened and how he came to be here. I was immediately concerned that the boy might have been kidnapped. Casey said he didn't know the man who had dropped him off and if it was a social worker they would have talked with the director.

"Casey can you tell me your full name and were you live." The boy nodded," My name is Casey Lial Rizzo and I'm from California. " At that I knew something was wrong. So I went to the community computer and searched his name, what did I find but a missing person's report from a month ago.

After I got the boy calm and shown around the orphanage, I led him to my room to sleep. Once Casey was fast asleep I headed to Ms. Chelsea the director to bring up my findings.

Once I reached her office and was invited in I said,"Hey Ms. Chelsea we've got a issue with a new kid." I told her once I got to her office. "What's the problem," she asked. I then went on to tell what the boy had said and gave her his full name. Ms. Chelsea assured me that she would do what she could but that it would take her about two to four weeks as he came from America to England.

Ms. Chelsea asked me to watch over the boy until she was done looking into it, and I had no problem with watching over him. I felt this odd draw to the kid.

I learned that Casey is a very sweet boy, until someone tries to mess with me then he became mischievous. Me and him became close in the four weeks it took Ms. Chelsea to investigate.

I would take Casey to and from school and help with his homework, and he would follow me to work and hangout with me. We would go roller skating, bowling, to the movie and the arcade it was fun. During the first week I took him out to get clothes and a few toys it wasn't much but it was something.

I work during the late evenings from five till midnight, and Casey would come with me and eat dinner at the diner. By the time I finished work he would be passed out so I would carry him back home. I also attended school during the day which wasn't great as I was typically bullied. My peers picked on me for many things, my height, the fact that my mom committed suicide, and the fact that I was an orphan. My grades were good but my attendance was far from great.

It was friday night and me and Casey decided to sleep in the same room and have a movie night. Ms. Chelsea came in once the movie the good dinosaur was over and Casey was asleep. "Hey Glenda came you step out here a minute." I stepped out side and spotted a little girl creeping down the hall. I made a gesture to go back to her room and then turned to Ms.Chelsea.

"Casey's father and uncle will be coming to get him tomorrow afternoon." I nodded my understanding and headed back to my room. While Casey slept I packed up the things I had gotten him, his clothes, shoes, and toys. Once I was done I wrote down my number and printed a picture of us and put them in his bag. By the time I finished everything it was early morning.