Chapter 17

After a long debate about how to avoid Mia for the rest of the evening I decided to go with a classic, I was going to pretend to be asleep.  When it was about half an hour before dinner I changed into my pajamas and got into bed, I turned out the lights and faced the window opposite the door. After about twenty minutes of waiting I heard a knock on my door before  someone slammed the door open I barely restrained myself from jumping. "Dinners ready," Gianni shouted, "Glen you awake." He then rounded the bed and I quickly shut my eyes.

I then felt lips pressed to my hair line and hear him whisper, "Sleep well little sister." He then pulled the covers up to my neck tucking me in and then quietly shut the door on his way out. I was so happy in this moment that he is my brother. I felt tears run down my eyes and I couldn't understand why. At some point shortly after I must have fallen asleep and the next thing I know I am waking up in a sweat after having the same nightmare I've had since I was six. Looking at the clock and seeing that its three thirty I know I'm not going to be able to fall back asleep. 

I get up and take a short shower not in the mood to be near water but knowing that I smell. When I'm done I quickly throw on some black spandex shorts and an oversized hoodie that I might or might not have stolen from Livivo. I loved this hoodie it was dark green and the sleeves went a good bit passed my finger tips. Lastly I threw on some thigh high matching green socks and a thick fussy blanket. I made my way down stair a fixed myself a cup of black coffee before heading outside. With my back pressed to the darkest corner of the house I stared up at the sky waiting for the sun to rise. 

It had been about two hours when I heard a car door slam closed so I decided to be nosey and have a peek I was  Tullio and some guy. The guy had the same green eyes as me but had blond hair, tanner skin, and blond hair, even his facial features which were a little different than my brothers we kind of similar. He seemed to be dragging Tullio towards the house while Tullio was stumbling and crying while laughing. I decided to walk around the corner and confront them. Stepping out of the dark so that I could be seem though not enough for him to full see me I asked, "Who are you and what happened to him." This was probably a one of the biggest mistakes I could have made as he pulled out a gun and pulled the trigger aiming right at me.

Did I scream well no but I did muffle one and had tears going down my face as I felt pain in my arm. Apparently just because you dont scream doesn't mean attention isn't going to be brought to what happened. Not three seconds later a ton of guards are rushing over and my father, and brothers all except Gianni come running outside with guns raised. "What the hell Leopold," yells out Sandro yells at the man who I now know the name of and it would appear that they have yet to spot me as I stand in the shadows silently as tear roll down my eyes. "Leopold care to explain why you shot your gun at four in the fucking morning on a Saturday." All while this is going on I can see him searching the shadows for me which Dante also seems to notice.

I watch as Dante turns his flashlight from his phone on and flashes it my way. I squint my eye shut as it hits my eyes and not a few seconds later it is gone. He dropped his phone and quickly rushes to my side. "Glenda its going to be okay," my brother says over and over again before picking me up and rushing me inside and yelling at Livivo and the twins to get him things though at this point I was barely paying attention. My head hurt my eyes were filling with black spots and my body was becoming really heavy as I slowly lost consciousness.