FIVE

** The image above is Holly***

1 week later

Paul bounded into the teacher's lounge with an overflow of excitement. "Good morning everyone! You guys ready for the start of another amazing year?" The room of teachers glanced over to the exuberant Paul then went back to sipping their morning coffee and eating their breakfast. Paul frowned, "at least say good morning back."

He walked over to one of the few male teachers in the academy, Derrick Winslow. He was a newer teacher for the elementary class for beginner alchemy. "Ricky! How are you doing this fine morning."

A few female teachers chuckled in the corner of the room, "he has already found his new best friend for the semester." Another girl scoffed, "more like slave. Poor Derrick already has his hands full with the kids." "How dare you!" A shout cut through their conversation. They turned to see Derrick smiling proudly towards the angry vice principal.

"I was only speaking the truth. I'm not gonna bend to your every whim just because you're the vice principal. My schedule's already full working with the littles, I don't have time to babysit an adult." Then Derrick turned with his cup of coffee and headed for the table of bagels and donuts.

Paul used to be an advisor for the king before he took the position of vice principal. Though he has a high respect for the headmaster, that is as far as his loyalties lie. He treats everyone else like a chess piece in his game.

"Teni this is the dinning hall for the teachers. We call it the Teachers Lounge because this is also where most of us like to sit, have some tea, and do some late night work with a small snack. You'll find yourself coming here often over the course of the year." Margaret guided Teni into the room that was now bustling with teachers. Breakfast would be over in an hour and everyone wanted to finish preparing for the first day.

The group of women in the corner eyed the girl beside the headmaster curiously. "Oh? What is this?"

Margaret's loudly clapped her hands and immediately the room went silent. "Ladies and gentlemen. I have an announcement to make." Teni's eyes widened. 'You have got to be kidding me!' Now the whole room was staring right at her!

"I am sure you're all aware of the passing of our dear Mr. Cane. He passed in his sleep surrounded by his family that he loved dearly. He will be remembered with us forever as a remarkable teacher who touched the hearts of many." The room hummed in agreement. Margaret paused to looked down to Teni.

"On that note I am hear to introduce the new teacher for the graduate class on Mastering Omnipotence and Omniscience. This is Teni Ainsworth. My daughter, and the current apprentice for the position of Magic Tower Master! Please treat her with utmost respect, and help her if she needs it."

The jaws in the room dropped to the ground. "Headmaster, I beg you pardon but she is a child," Paul was the first to speak. "I know you cherish your daughter but isn't this-." Margaret interrupted him, "the king has already approved of it so there is no room for discussion."

That was news to Teni. She had met the king on many occasions but he never seemed all that interested in her or her personal affairs. Margaret finished her dramatic introduction and now everyone was back to their own business. Teni eyed the rack of bagels. "Raisin bagels with honey walnut cream cheese? Oh how I love rich people food!" Then she was off.

A few eyes followed her around the room as she grabbed juice and an apple but she ignored it. She was used to the stares. It wasn't too bad since most of them didn't have any negative intent.

The group of woman across the room made the quick decision to talk to the new teacher. They were flooding with curiosity. "Good morning, Mrs Ainsworth! How are you on this fine morning?" Teni eyed the women with shock. She was mid bite into her bagel and honestly she didn't expect anyone to talk to her. Margaret had already gone off to chastise Paul but she was fine eating alone.

"Um. Good Morning, I am doing alright." She wasn't sure if she should curtsy or not but they hadn't so she didn't bother. They all smiled to each other and quickly sat down at her table. The first one to speak had short green hair and circle glasses. She said her name was Lola Price. She was a middle school teacher for Spell Casting and Magic Circles.

The second lady had bright red hair and freckles all over her cheeks. "My name is Betsy Lanes. I teach the middle school Magic Combat class." Teni cooed. That class sounded fun to her. Lastly was, "Holly Peters. I teach the graduating class for math and science." Teni couldn't help but say, 'oh.' It felt strangely anticlimactic. Holly's long black hair made her seem very elegant and mature.

"Well, as you heard I'm the new Graduate Class teacher for Omniscience and Omnipotence." Lola beamed, "how did you become a teacher? I heard it takes a lot to become a tower master! What is it like having the headmaster as your mom? Gosh, how do you keep your hair so silky?" Betsy chuckled at the onslaught of questions. Teni calmly answered every question they asked as she ate her food.

'I guess it can't be helped. Humans are curious creatures after all.' Teni thought. The hour went by quickly, but she felt exhausted already. "We will see you at lunch!" Lola and Betsy scurried away, leaving Holly and Teni alone. "Shall I show you to your class?" Holly turned to the door. Teni nodded, "if it's no inconvenience."

The walk was silent. For some reason Teni got the feeling that Holly didn't really like her all too much. "Your mother. The headmaster. She isn't your biological mother is she?" Teni's eyes went wide. "Why do you-." Holly pointed to a door to Teni's right. "This is your classroom.

"Just follow the schedule for the first day. It's all just introduction and coming to an understanding of your students' comprehension of your course. Don't stress too much. Take it slow. And try and enjoy yourself." Before Teni could speak Holly turned on her heel and walked into a classroom a few doors down from Teni's.

Teni was beyond confused but she gathered herself. "Time to teach a class."