THIRTEEN

Teni stared at the rose on her nightstand in utter confusion. She had no clue where the single crimson rose with a card that simply read, 'Good Morning,' had come from. None of the maids had seen anyone come into her room, and her mother had denied it. What made her even more disturbed was the calmness everyone had about the situation as if someone breaking into her room with a good morning gift was an every day occurrence.

Was it mind magic? Were they all under a spell? But mind control of this level would be extremely difficult with all the staff and a mage of Margaret's stature. She was utterly perplexed.

Yet, the weirdness didn't stop there. On her change of clothes after she had taken a bath. On the table beside her breakfast. On the podium before she gave her lecture. The roses, rose petals, and notes followed her wherever she went. And not a single person seemed alarmed by it.

When her students had seen the rose on her desk they just smiled and said, "I didn't know you had a boyfriend." She could only hold back the bile in her throat as she read the note. 'You're beautiful even when you're angry.'

"I don't," she responded, then ripped the card in two.

"Today we will be talking about omnipotence." While her wind magic distributed the test results from yesterday to all her students she was also writing down points to her lecture."

"Body, mind, and spirit. The ways to increase your omnipotence vary drastically. From physical training to potions you can find in many markets the ways we can strengthen our magic are endless. Yet, some options are more safer than others. And some are more permanent than others."

She wrote down key points then started with the body section. "For example, training your body to endure certain conditions can help you withstand the elements you world more freely. This can then help increase your magic because your immunity allows you try more complicated and harder spells."

"Next is your mana control. Though us magicians use mana breathing to cast spells, fighters use mana aura, and crafters use mana wielding. Mana aura is a similar concept to mana breathing but instead of using spells to output the man they are covering themselves in the pure mana and using it to strengthen their bodies and weapons. This allows weapon wielders to pierce through magic spells.

"Then crafters like potion makers, alchemists, and those who make magic items use mana wielding. Which is basically the written word of mana spells. Many of you are taking such spells, because just as it is important to verbally understand or speak a language. It is important to be able to read and write it. Mana can be called to enchanted circles and it is then the casters job to user their own omnipotence to define the strength of the spell they have written."

"Lastly is a dangerous one. Souls contracts. The only way someone can take magic from someone else is through a soul contract." Teni sighed and paused to look at her students. "Im sure you have heard this before but I will say it again because it is an important fact to engrave into your mind. Never ever create or sign a soul contract."

The room seemed to still. Soul contracts were a controversial topic within the magic community. Many people saw it is a good way to insure loyalty. While others saw it as just inhumane.

"Signing a soul contract literally ties your soul to the other. You feel each others feelings. You can hear each others thoughts. They can tap into your mana and use you till you drain completely dry and you can't do a thing about it. I've traveled to places where citizens are used as pawns for higher up.

"Hundreds died in their own living room because they were forced to tie their soul to soldiers who were sent off to war. It's a sick thing to use someone else's life for personal gain. So I'll repeat, never create or sign a soul contract."

She sighed at the grim faces. The story was true. A country nearly wiped off the map because ill trained knights were sent body of mana to misuse. And that they did. People were already sick from the pain the soldiers were feeling. Or having to endure their depressed thoughts. But then to add the mana draining? It was horrifying.

In some instances soul contracts could be used for good. To save a life on the brink of death. It's happened many times before. But she had seen way to much bad then good come from it.

"Next is mind. This one is simple. Your mental state affects your capacity for growth. The more desperate you are the better. That is why people on the battlefield have what's called an 'awakening' and go past their limits. But that doesn't mean you can't grow when you're not on the brink of death. If you concentrate, and train enough, result will show. You just need to have the grit to work for it."

She smiled at the faces that were growing more encouraged. "Lastly is spirit. Who are you as a person. What are your goals in life. What defines your ambitions? But also what is your heart behind your ambition. The gods are the ones who bestowed on us magic. But they also have the power to take it away. Curses, blessings, all things administered by the gods. You may think in your mind that your conscious is clear but the gods know your soul."

Teni smiled and stepped beside the podium. "As you know this class is for Omnipotence and Omniscience. This semester is more focused on your potence so we will be touching base on all of this. Many of you will have different strengths and weaknesses, but you will only know through doing it.

"My favorite is mana breathing since it's the most permanent way to increase your power so let's finish the class with some mana breathing and another pop quiz!"

The chorus of sighs and grumbles only made her chuckle. She turned round erase the board then froze at the small card tucked on the chalk tray.

'I could listen to you talk all day. - O"