Chapter 2: The First Date (click on the photo pretty pls)

The night that Evelyn anticipated had finally arrived. She wore a tight black dress that went down to her knees, and her curly hair had a sort of shine to it. She was glowing, and she knew Remy would love her look.

She got in her car and drove about 10 miles to Gusteau's. When she arrived, she got out of her car and went inside. The place was lit with candles and had a very romantic ambiance. The hostess greeted her.

"Good evening ma'am, welcome to Gusteau's!" she said cheerfully.

"Hi," Evelyn replied with a smile, "I'm here with a party of 2 for Remy?" The hostess looked over her list.

"Ah yes," she finally said, "you can follow me this way." The hostess led Evelyn to a table near the back. That's when Evelyn saw him. And she could feel her heart melt. That silver fur, those milky-chocolate eyes she could get lost in for hours. Remy's face lit up as he spotted her, and he jumped out of his seat to hug her.

"Wow, you look beautiful Evelyn," he swooned.

"Thank you," she giggled in reply. "You look very handsome tonight as well." The two of them sat down at the table as the waiter came over to get their drink orders.

"Y'know," Remy started after taking a sip of his cocktail, "I'm really glad you could make it tonight. I have a great feeling about you, Evelyn." The girl nodded in agreement.

"Me too. I just feel like there's a spark between us, you know? It just feels like, well, maybe I'm speaking too soon, but it feels like fate," she told him, her eyes meeting his.

"No, I agree 100 percent," Remy replied, placing his hand on hers. "I've never felt this way about anyone before. Certainly not so soon," he said, almost in a whisper.

"Same here," Evelyn smiled. "So," she continued, "this place is pretty cool. How'd you find out about it anyway?" At that moment, she saw Remy's face fall. She looked at him, concern written all over her face. "What is it Remy? Was it something I said?" she asked.

"No, no, you're perfectly fine. It's just... how I found out about this place, well, my ex used to work here," Remy told her.

"Oh, I didn't know that. I'm sorry if making you think about that upset you."

"It's okay. You didn't know," Remy assured her.

"Who's your ex anyway?" Evelyn blurted out. "Just out of curiosity."

"His name is Linguini. He's pretty tall, skinny, ginger hair. You might have seen him around town. Anyway, we dated for two years before breaking up a few months ago," Remy explained.

"Oh wow, that's rough. Was it a bad break up?" Evelyn asked.

"Yeah. He cheated on me with my dad," Remy answered.

"Oh my gosh," Evelyn exclaimed, her eyes going wide. "I'm so sorry that happened to you, Remy." The rat gave her a soft smile.

"Don't be. Because now that I found you, I think things are going to get a lot better."

———

The rest of the night went on smoothly. The two ordered food, and chatted, falling more and more into each other as the night went on. Before they knew it, it was 10 PM.

"Oh wow," Evelyn said, looking at her watch, "It's getting late. I should probably be heading home soon." Remy nodded, glancing down for a second before an idea struck him. He looked back up at her, an enticing glint in his eye.

"Actually, do you think you might wanna come back to my place? You could stay the night if you'd like," he offered. Evelyn's face lit up.

"Really? I'd love to!" she told him gratefully.

The two left the restaurant and took Evelyn's car back to Remy's house, since Remy had come in a cab. Once they got there, they went inside and grabbed some snacks, before going to the living room to watch a movie. They chose to watch The Titanic.

About halfway through the movie, Evelyn could feel sleepiness clouding her mind. She had her head lying in Remy's lap as he stroked her hair with his fingers.

"Remy?" she murmured, looking up at him.

"Yes, Evelyn?" Remy replied softly.

"I think... I think I love you," she told him.

"Well that's good," he said, "because I think I love you too," he finished, enclosing her lips in a kiss.