Chapter 5: A New Beginning (click on the picture or i'll smite you)

That night, Evelyn returned home from the hospital, her heart shattered now that her Remy was gone. She turned on the TV, trying to distract herself, but all she could think about was him. At about 8 PM, she heard a knock at the door. She answered it, to find two police officers standing there.

"Hello ma'am, are you Evelyn Winebaugh?" one of them asked.

"That would be me," she said numbly.

"We understand that your boyfriend was killed in a car hit-and-run, is that correct?" the other one asked.

"Yes, it is. Did you find out who did it?" Evelyn questioned. They both shook their heads.

"Not yet. But we came here to tell you that we are on the case now, and when we find out, you will be the first to know." Evelyn nodded in reply.

"Okay. Thank you officers," she said as she closed the door. She watched them get in their car and pull out of her driveway, and then she smirked.

Everything was going according to plan.

Just a few minutes after the cops left, another car pulled into her driveway. She went outside to greet the hitman she had hired to kill Remy.

"Great work. Thank you so much," Evelyn smiled, handing him a stack of cash.

"No problemo. Just let me know if you ever want me to kill another one of your cheating exes," he said, waving at her as he got back into his car. Evelyn happily went back inside her house, heading to the living room where Linguini was waiting.

The two made out for the rest of the night.

End.