Chapter 3: Not What It Seems (these cover photos are taking me out)

And so it began. The very night of their first date, right after their first kiss, Remy asked Evelyn to be is girlfriend. And what could she say other than yes? She had finally found the rat of her dreams, and she couldn't be happier.

From then on, Remy and Evelyn did everything together. From going on tons of cute dates, to meeting each other's families, the two were inseparable. Evelyn now even had her own key to Remy's house, and they had even talked about her moving in with him. For the first time in her life,
Evelyn felt full. She was so happy and so in love, and she knew that whatever happened in the future, she and Remy would go through it together.

It had been 7 months since the two had started dating. Evelyn was staying with Remy for a week while her parents were on vacation. It was mid-morning on a Sunday, and Evelyn had offered to go shopping for Remy, in which he greatly appreciated. His house was running out of food and he really didn't like going shopping.

Halfway to the grocery store, Evelyn realized that she forgot her wallet. She groaned, finding a place where she could turn the car around and headed back to Remy's house. She got there, swiftly unlocked the door, and headed inside in search of her wallet.

She spotted it on the kitchen counter next to the hooks where keys were hung. She grabbed it and was about to leave again, when a strange noise coming from upstairs caught her attention. It sounded like someone dropped something. She stopped in her tracks, just listening. Now, all she could hear was silence.

"Remy?" she called out. No response. Growing curious, she set the wallet back down and slowly headed up the stairs. As she got closer to the top of the staircase, she could've sworn she heard creaking noises. The strange sounds grew louder as she approached Remy's room. She then pressed her ear to the door.

She could still hear the creaking, almost like the bed was shaking. She also thought she could hear soft moans. And then suddenly-

"Linguini~"

Alright. Now that certainly wasn't right. In a flurry of emotions, Evelyn bursted through the door, and what she saw made her heart sink.

There he was, her rat of a boyfriend, in bed with a skinny ginger, that could only be his ex, Linguini.

"Evelyn!" Remy exclaimed when he saw her, as Linguini hurriedly pulled the blanket over his body.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, REMY?!" Evelyn shouted, tears filling her eyes.

"Ev, I-"

"AFTER EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN THROUGH?!" she interrupted.

"Uhh, who's this?" Linguini asked quietly.

"I'M HIS GIRLFRIEND." Evelyn yelled, tears now streaming down her face. "REMY, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! I TRUSTED YOU WITH MY WHOLE HEART."

"Evelyn, please. I can explain," Remy tried.

"NO THE FUCK YOU CAN'T. THERE IS NO EXPLANATION FOR THIS." Evelyn shouted at him. Linguini then spoke up again.

"I would just like to point out that I-"

"STAY OUT OF THIS YOU ED SHEERAN ASS BITCH," Evelyn screamed at him. "REMY, WE ARE OVER!" She then stormed out of the room. She grabbed her wallet and keys, and then went outside to her car. She could hear Remy running down the stairs after her, but she ignored it.

"Evelyn, wait!" Remy called out, grabbing her hand just as she was about to get into her car.

"Get off of me!" she yelled at him.

"Evelyn, please. He means nothing to me. You have to believe me."

"If he really meant nothing to you, you wouldn't have cheated on me with him." With that, Evelyn got into her car and slammed the door. Remy was banging on the window.

"I never wanna see you again!" Evelyn yelled as she backed out of the driveway and sped off, leaving Remy in tears.