𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

➷。 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

"Are you hungry? You must be after that long flight" Connor asks.

I actually am kind of hungry now that my nerves are finally settled. "Kinda, what about you?"

"Fucking starving" he laughs "i'm also just enjoying our time together right now and I really don't want to have to share you with my family yet."

A laugh slips at the pout on his face "aw is someone gonna be jealous?"

He rolls his eyes at my teasing tone "yeah actually I might. You got a problem with that missy?"

I roll my eyes at his response "you've been spending too much of your time on facetime with me."

"You're saying it like it's a bad thing" he smiles.

"No, I would never" I gasp dramatically moving my hand towards my heart.

🩰 💌 🎀

"All hockey players really are the same huh?"

Connor insisted that he take me to this Italian restaurant that he swears by. Growing up, Rutger was always eating pasta claiming that it was "filling" and that all hockey players ate it.

Let's just say that I was very familiar with the food throughout my life.

"What? It's filling" he smirks.

Of course it is.

We spend the next hour eating and talking. The meal was definitely some of the best pasta I've ever had, but there's no way you'd catch me admitting that out loud.

He tells me a little more about his parents and older sister and I fill him in a little about my family back home.

"So I'm assuming you're going straight to the NHL?" I ask him.

"Yeah, hopefully. That's the plan if I get picked" he answers crossing his fingers.

"Oh please, you'll definitely get picked. Don't cut yourself so short" I assure him.

"Thanks. Means a lot. It's all just so overwhelming sometimes to think about," he smiles at me from across the table.

🩰 💌 🎀

"Are you excited?"

We're almost to Connor's house and I'm a little nervous I'll admit.

"Yeah just nervous" I glance over at him as he drives us through his neighborhood. He's smiling so I hope it's for a good reason and that I shouldn't work myself up so bad.

"Don't be nervous. They'll love you. My mom and sister may like you a little too much" he laughs.

"Mom's always happy to have another girl around since my sister is away for college a lot, and my sister doesn't have too many friends."

"I don't have a lot of girl friends either. With Rutger playing hockey our whole lives we've always been moving so most of the people I was friends with were his friends too."

Don't get me wrong, Rutger's friends are some of the best people I know, but it's always nice to have a girl best friend who you can spill all your secrets and problems to.

"That's not always a bad thing. All that matters is if they're a good person or not. I think you'll get along with my sister though. She's pretty calm and laid back like you" he nods assuringly.

"I didn't know me FaceTiming you at midnight singing mr brightside was considered calm" I laugh.

"Eh, could've been worse. It was moms night out" he laughs referring to the nickname most of rutgers teammates call me since I'm always looking after them.

"Mom life really is exhausting" I laugh wiping the imaginary sweat from my forehead.

Connor finally pulls into the driveway of a large brick house "We're here."

I gather myself before undoing my seatbelt and stepping out of the car. Connor is already wheeling my suitcase behind him as he grabs my hand and leads me to the front door.

Opening the door, there's a large entryway with a set of stairs as soon as you walk in. Connor leaves my suitcase there and continues to drag me through the house.

"Mom! Dad! We're home" he raises his voice which carries throughout the large area.

"In the kitchen honey!" a feminine voice yells back and my nerves slowly start to creep back in. I love meeting new people, but hate the actual process of having to meet new people if you know what I mean. Social anxiety is a real bitch sometimes.

We finally make it to the kitchen and Connor's mom is sitting at the counter writing what seems to be a grocery list.

She glances up with a large smile as we enter the room. My hands find one another out of habit as I start ringing them together nervously.

The blonde woman slides out of her seat and approaches us.

"Mom this is Ellison-Jade," Connor introduces me placing his hand on my lower back.

I come to my senses and begin to introduce myself, "Hi Mrs. Bedard, it's so nice to finally meet you! You can just call me Ellie."

I go to hold my hand out but she pushes it away pulling me in for a hug instead "none of that, just call me Melanie. We're so glad to have you here ellie, Connor's told us all about you!"

I reciprocate the hug easily. There's something about her that is automatically comforting.

"All good things I hope" I laugh when we pull away.

"Of course. Between you and me I think he may be a little obsessed" she winks.

"Okay enough of that" Connor groans pulling me back towards him "you've known each other for 2 minutes. No need to gang up on me."

"Oh Connor, this is only the beginning" I laugh at his mom's words as the taller boy groans rubbing his hand over his face.

"I heard what sounded like Connor in agony" another feminine voice fills the kitchen entryway.

"Hi! I'm Madi, it's nice to finally meet you!" she turns her attention to me.

"I'm Ellie, it's so nice to finally meet you too! Connor's talked a lot about you" I smile at her infectious presence.

"I've seen your instagram and I'm literally obsessed with your style! I desperately need your help in revamping my closet" she pleads and I love her already.

"One thing I do know is clothes" I smile "I think you're my new best friend."

"Perfect!" she grins "Let's go! I have to show you everything!"

She grabs my hand and pulls me away and up the stairs to her bedroom.

"I think you may have some trouble with separating those two" Melanie laughs.

"Yeah that's what I was afraid of" Connor replies rolling his eyes and moping his way over to lay on the couch.