Chapter Thirty-Eight: We're Gonna Be Great.

Things had gone well for Mikey since El basically kicked him up the ass and out of the house. Mikey of course wasn't annoyed at her, it was impossible for him to be, he loved her too much. Maddie invited Buck and El round as Buck insisted on baby proofing the place and Maddie wanted some help with organising the baby shower.

So the pair of course headed to Els' old apartment which had definitely had a positive remodel since she left, Maddie needed something to keep busy. El opened the door but quickly remembered what happened last time, "Hello!" She called out through the small crack in the door.

"What are you doing?" Buck asked.

"You don't wanna know" El shook her head.

Mikey soon came to the door and opened it fully, "You're safe" Mikey laughed.

"Glad to see you haven't got your cock out" El laughed and gave him a hug. Over El's shoulder Mikey locked eyes with Buck to see his complete and utter confusion.

"You don't wanna know" Mikey shook his head.

"She said the same thing," Buck pointed, still confused.

"We share a brain cell" They said in sync looking at him.

"Maddie!" Buck called out, "These two are freaking me out"

"I'm in the living room, Buck" Maddie called, prompting him to run off.

"So, you've been all radio silent on me, how's it all going?" El asked, nudging Mikey playfully.

"It's good...really good" Mikey nodded, "I just feel so bad I missed so much"

"Hey, you're here now, that's what counts" El encouraged.

-

"This thing looks like a death trap" Mikey shook his head as he stared at the instructions to the crib. "Wait...I think we mixed up the spacers with the supports."

"Yeah but they look the same," Maddie sighed.

"Buck, did you steal the screwdriver again?" Mikey called over.

"Yeah. It is all yours" Buck called from the kitchen. "I am finally finished baby proofing this house" He spoke, walking over to the trio, El glued to her laptop as she organised the baby shower. He leant over and kissed her on the head before handing Mikey the screwdriver. "Do you think we should put some alarm sensors on the windows?"

"You know this is a loft conversion right?" El looked at him confused.

"And what if the babies try to escape?" Buck rebutted.

"Living with Mikey? I see your point" El smirked.

"Buck, I said that you could baby proof the apartment, not turn it into an inescapable fortress" Maddie spoke.

"I just don't wanna underestimate the curious integrity of my nephews." Buck rebutted.

"Uh, we don't know that they are boys." Maddie clapped back with a smirk.

"The last ultrasound, the babies were in the wrong position to tell the sex. Maddie said it looked like one of them was mooning them" Mikey laughed, feeling regretful that he missed it.

"Definitely yours then" El chuckled, referring to the last time she was at the apartment.

"If one of them is a boy, I had some name ideas" Buck smiled, "You know there's Buck or uh, Buckley. Kid could be an Evan." Buck smiled sarcastically.

"Really dug deep for those huh?" Mikey laughed.

"Ugh, seriously Buck?" Maddie called from the kitchen as she attempted to open one of the cupboards, "It's an upper cabinet, how are the babies gonna reach that?"