Chapter 24: Truth

We finally arrived back home. I ran inside and upstairs to find Elijah standing with his shirt off and a bunch of names written on his upper body.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine. I need your help with something." Elijah said as he put his shirt on. 

"Which is?" I asked.

He motioned for me to come forward and I did.

"These names. There witches that have been killed." He said. Marcel walked in and looked at Elijah in shock.

"What the hell is going on?" He asked.

"It's a riddle. When you figure it out it goes away." Elijah said.

"I know that. But what's it for?" Marcel asked.

"I believe its where will find my siblings." He said.

"That name there is familiar." Marcel said.

"Leighanne, write down these names and do some research on them." Elijah said.

"Uh, ok." I said looking for a pen and paper. I wrote down all of the names that were on Elijah's body. I looked up and Marcel was looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said. Elijah and Marcel left to go find out more about the witches, I sat down at a desk and started researching the names. I wrote down when they died and how. After two hours of this, Elijah and Marcel walked back in.

"What did you find?" Elijah asked, as Marcel walked I'm behind him.

"Marcel just tell him. I'm tired of searching if you already know where there at." I said.

"Excuse me? Elijah asked. He glared at Marcel.

"Leighanne, what are you talking about?" Elijah asked.

"SHUT UP LEIGHANNE!" Marcel growled dodging toward me.

"Don't touch her." Elijah said running in front of me. "Now explain."

"Fine! Back in 1919, Rebekah and I wanted to be together and be public. So she became friends with a witch, named Genevieve. Rebekah made her do a locator spell that called Klaus's biggest enemy into town. Mikael. Then Rebekah tried to tell Genevieve how she didn't want to call Mikael back into town, but she couldn't reverse the spell so Rebekah infected her with a disease and she died." Marcel said nervously.

"You're telling me, the reason my father came to town was because of your selfishness?" Elijah asked.

"Rebekah suggested the idea." Marcel said.

Elijah grabbed Marcel and pinned him to the wall. I got up and ran after him.

"Elijah stop!" I yelled.

He looked down at me with veins showing, but they faded away.

"When Niklaus learns of this his wrath will have no end." Elijah said then dropped Marcel. I helped Marcel up and dusted him off.

"Let's just hope that Genevieve hasn't used that against Rebekah." Marcel said.

"Then let's go to the sanatorium." Elijah smiled.

We got in the car and Marcel drove us to the sanatorium.

"I'm not sure how to search for him." I said.

"Oh you won't be searching. You're going to stay in the car, I can't risk you getting hurt." Elijah said.

"Since when do you care about Leighanne?" Marcel asked.