Chapter 27: Moving On

We slowly made our way down the streets if New Orleans. People were walking to work. Kids going to school.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Us." He said.

"Klaus... I'm just not ready to jump right back in after what happened a few nights ago." I admitted.

"And why not?" He asked stopping dead in his tracks.

"Because you scared me that night." I looked him in the eyes and he was sorry but I wasn't ready.

"I got a job at a bar and today is my day off so I need to do some things. I'll see you around Niklaus." I said then walked away from him. I could bear to look at him. I wanted him so bad it made me sick. I hated that I didn't give in. I'm trying to not want him, but I don't want him, I need him and he knows that. I walked to the bar and seen Daniel putting chairs down. He smiled at me.

"Good morning business women." He laughed.

"It's not my usual wardrobe." I sighed.

"Still looks good." He said. "Oh and I have your schedule." He walked over to the bar and picked up a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"You work Monday, which was yesterday. Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. It's only part time." Daniel said.

"Yeah that's great actually." I said.

"Good. I was hoping you'd be ok with the hours and days." He put another chair down.

"I am. Thank you so much. I have to get going though. I'll see you tomorrow." I said.

"Hey Leighanne. Can I have your number?" He asked.

"Um...sure." I said. Daniel handed me his phone and I put my number in and texted myself. Then handed his phone back to him.

"Thanks." He smiled.

"Yep." I smiled then left the bar. I went back to the motel. I ran upstairs and sat down. It was only 8:32am. I still had all day to go through. I checked the temperature on my phone and it said 84 degrees. Maybe I could go get a tan, oh wait I can't because I don't tan, I burn. I had nothing to do. I walked over to the bed and laid down forcing myself to sleep so this day could be over.

I woke to my phone going off. I looked at the caller I.D. and it was Daniel. I quickly answered it.

"Hello." I said sleepily.

"Hey Leighanne I'm sorry to bother you but one of the other employees couldn't make it in tonight would you mind coming in?"

"Sure what time?" I asked.

"Ten p.m." He said.

"What time is it now?" I asked.

"9:56 pm." He said.

"Um yeah I'll try to hurry." I said.

"Ok thanks bye." He said then ended the call.

I scurried out of bed and into the shower. I washed my hair and body, then got out. I wrapped my hair in a towel and started getting dressed. I wore this did my hair and makeup. I took a look at myself in the mirror and was satisfied. I grabbed my purse and started walking towards the bar. I walked through the front doors and it was packed. People were standing and yelling at Daniel. I couldn't stand it.

"HEY!" I yelled. The entire bar got silent.

"Y'all better get in a single file line or everyone leaves."

The crowd of people slowly started moving into a line. I walked back behind the bar and put my things down.

Daniel walked over and pulled me aside.