Chapter 10: Written Apology

😊There will be a lot more Klaus from here on out.

~

I slept peacefully that night despite what happened. I rolled over to see Marcel sleeping. I sat up in bed, stretching my tired limbs. I looked over and watched as Marcel shifted a little then opened his eyes.

"Morning. How you feeling today?" Marcel asked immediately. All I really wanted to know was what he thought about the letter. "Good. Let's hope it stays that way." I said. "I agree." Marcel sat up in bed and I could tell something was on his mind. "That letter you gave me, who was your dad talking about when he said the enemy?" Marcel asked. "I don't know." I answered sadly. Marcel could tell that I was puzzled just as much as him. "Why don't we go for a walk around New Orleans?" He asked. "Get you out and about." I nodded my head. I had nothing better to do. "I'd love too."

"Wow!" Marcel said turning around and looking at me. I was only wearing my jeans and a blouse. "You look good." He complemented me. "Thank you." I smiled. I walked passed Marcel and down to The Quarter. I turned back to smile at Marcel and someone grabbed my arms. I screamed until I looked to see Klaus. "Hello love, you look fantastic today." He whispered in my ear. I blushed a bit and gulped.

"Klaus." Marcel greeted coldly. "Marcel." Klaus said with no enthusiasm. "Marcel, don't you think that Leighanne looks ravishing today?" Klaus asked him edging him on. He turned me towards Marcel so he could look at me again. I looked up at Marcel. "Yeah she does," Marcel winked at me. I felt Klaus put his hand up the back of my shirt and draw small circles on my back. I tried not to notice. "What are you doing here so early?" Marcel asked him. "Well I moved in, so I live here again." Klaus moved his hand around my back and I jumped. "Leighanne what was that for?" Marcel asked eyeing me. "Cold chills," I lied. I looked over at Klaus and he was trying hard to hide a smirk.

"Let's get going," Marcel said. "Let me grab my purse. You go on ahead. I'll meet you outside." I lied to Marcel. I wanted to talk with Klaus. Once Marcel was out of view and hearing distance I smacked Klaus's hand. "What was that for?" I whisper yelled. "Just having some fun." He smiled. "Well... I didn't like it." I said, but I felt like I was lying to myself.

"Then why did you allow me to do it?" He asked leaning closer to me. "I-I don't know, I just..." I stuttered around, trying to find the words. "I don't know." I was defeated. Klaus walked towards me and grabbed my hips, pulling me so close to him that there was barely any space between us. "What about this?" He whispered and I felt his breath hit against my neck. "Do you not like this?" He pulled away, staring into my eyes.

I looked into his blue eyes and something about them drew me to him. I didn't say a word. I knew he was right. I liked it. "Exactly." He said taking his hands off my sides. I grabbed his hand before he could leave. I looked to my left, then my right. I leaned in and whispered, "I liked it." Before walking away. I looked back at him and he was smiling.

I went outside and Marcel was waiting on waiting on me. "Get your purse?" He asked. "I couldn't find it." I lied. I've been lying to Marcel a lot today. "Oh. So where to?" He asked. "Anywhere but here." I laughed. We walked around New Orleans for hours before Marcel offered to take me out for brunch. We went to a small French restaurant and I ordered an omelet. Marcel sat across from me staring at someone. I turned to see who it was and there at the door stood Klaus. We walked in and took a seat next to me.

"Hello, Leighanne." Klaus said sweetly. "Hi." I kept eating. "What have you two done so far today on your adventures?" He asked the both of us. "That's none of your business." I told him and watched as Marcel smiled. He knew Klaus and I weren't good friends and probably never would be. Klaus chuckled and leaned in close to me. "I could just compel it out of you, sweetheart." His voice made me weak in knees, but I kept reminding myself over and over that he's not the one I need to like right now.

"Is that how you vampires do everything? By compulsion." I asked taking a drink. "Not all the time." Klaus smirked. Marcel finally cut to the chase, "Why are you here?" "I just wanted to say hello to, Leighanne." Klaus smiled at me, and I actually go butterflies. I tried to push them down again.

"You've said hello, now you can leave." Marcel snapped at him. I was a bit upset for Klaus interrupting my time with Marcel. "Please just go." I whispered not wanting to cause a scene in the restaurant. "I must say, I'm very surprised by you." Klaus said. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Your father was a vampire hunter and yet you're hanging around in a city full of them. Befriending them." Klaus glared at Marcel. "My dad only killed the bad vampires." I defended. "What made them bad?" He asked. "The ones that constantly kill. Like you." I said knowing it hurt Klaus, but nothing could hurt more than him being the reason my father died. "Every vampire has killed in their lifetime."

"Yes but some less than others." Some vampires didn't feed off humans. "You know, I bet your father would be so disappointed in you. His little princess being friends with bad vampires. I wonder what he would say about this?" Klaus smirked. I shot him a glare then looked at Marcel, clenching my fist together. I got up and walked out of the restaurant.

"Leighanne, wait!" Marcel yelled. I didn't look back. I was done looking back to see who ran after me. I went back to The Quarter, looking for Davina. I wanted to ask her something and see if she could do me a favor. I found her in her bedroom, sitting on her bed. We haven't talked in awhile. "Can I ask you something?" I asked getting straight to the point. She nodded her head. "Is there a spell that can stop someone from loving another?" Concern filled her faces and her big joyful eyes looked sad. "Why? Is everything okay?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "My dad died awhile back and I was just trying to find a way to not miss him so much."

"I'm sorry." Davina said, rubbing my shoulder. We talked about boys for awhile and it sparked my interest when she said that Marcel liked me. Like really liked me. She claims she's found her true love and his name is Tim. He plays violin. We were so caught up in talking and giggling that we didn't hear the voice downstairs until it got closer.

"Leighanne!" We heard and knew it was Marcel. He came to Davinas room, sighing in relief. "There you are." He said coming over towards me. "I've been looking for you. I'm sorry about Klaus, he's a dick." Marcel said. I nodded my head. I was happy that Marcel liked me, I really was but this was right for me. It didn't feel like real love or real like, if that's a thing.

"What's wrong? You look upset." He tilted my chin up and smiled at me. "I am upset. And it's not over Klaus either. He made me mad, but I'm upset about something else. I don't know what I want." I mumbled out then walked away. I didn't want to talk about it. "Why do you always walk away from your problems?" Marcel yelled. He asked."So I won't have to face anything," I answered. On my way back to the bedroom, I spotted Klaus walking towards me.

"Leighanne, I'm dearly sorry about what I said. Take this, please." Klaus said handing me what looked like a letter, but from whom I did not know. Klaus walked away without another word. It wasn't long until Klaus wanted to talk to Marcel, which left me with some alone time. I opened the letter Klaus gave me.

Dear Leighanne,
I'm very sorry for everything I've done. I forget that some people have feelings at times. I never meant to hurt your feelings. I'm just angry that you judge me by my actions. The other day you said you would accept my offer of spending a day together, if I can prove I'm sorry. I'd love to spend a day with you. It'd be my pleasure. I'm trying my best, but it seems as if I can't control myself lately. Once again, I am truly sorry.
Klaus

I put the letter back in the envelope. Klaus wants to spend a day with me and if he can be kind enough to write me an apology letter, I'll be kind enough to give him a chance. But only one.

*****
💖I'll post the next chapter once this gets a few reads and votes, a comment would be nice.

Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames🔥🔥🔥