Chapter Four

Natty and Guilia had just finished their class with Professor Hecat and decided to hit the library to get a few books to study later. After placing the books in their satchels, they headed off to meet Poppy outside near the forest.

"Okay, Poppy, we're here. What is it you want to show us?" Natty asked eagerly as they arrived at the meeting spot just outside the castle grounds. Poppy grinned mischievously.

"Not here," she said, gesturing for the girls to follow her. They wandered into the forest, and Natty and Guilia grew even more curious about what Poppy had in store for them.

As they ventured deeper into the forest, the foliage grew denser, and the sunlight filtering through the trees created a magical ambiance. The sound of rustling leaves and chirping birds filled the air, adding to the sense of adventure.

After walking for a while, Poppy finally stopped in a clearing surrounded by tall trees. She turned to face her friends, excitement dancing in her eyes. "I found something incredible," she whispered, her voice filled with awe.

Natty and Guilia exchanged intrigued glances, their curiosity piqued. "What is it? What did you find?" Guilia asked, unable to contain her excitement.

Natty and Guilia followed closely behind Poppy, their hearts pounding with anticipation. As they reached the willow tree, they noticed its branches cascading down like a waterfall, forming a natural curtain that concealed something mysterious beyond.

Poppy extended her hand and gently touched the weeping branches, feeling a tingling sensation coursing through her fingertips. With a deep breath, she stepped forward, disappearing behind the veil of foliage. Natty and Guilia exchanged nervous glances but quickly made up their minds to follow their adventurous friend.

As they passed through the curtain of branches, a breathtaking sight unfolded before their eyes. They found themselves standing in a different time—a lush, vibrant landscape untouched by modern civilization. The air smelled different, carrying the scent of wildflowers and ancient trees. The forest seemed to whisper secrets of the past, inviting the trio to explore further.

Guilia stood behind Natty and Poppy, her hands over her eyes, trying to make sense of what was happening. She was deeply perplexed by the sudden onset of her blindness. "Natty," she called out softly, hoping her friend could offer some insight.

Natty's eyes darted to the nearby meadow, where a group of graceful animals grazed peacefully. The sight of the majestic deer, playful rabbits and nimble squirrels brought a sense of calm to Natty, and she paused to take it all in. Meanwhile, Poppy was brimming with excitement, going on ahead, taking all the sights in.

Suddenly, Guilia interrupted their reverie with a frantic shout. "Girls!" she called out. "What's wrong?" Natty asked, seeing the distress on Guilia's face.

Guilia hesitated for a moment before finally speaking. "You may not believe this, but I can't see... I'm blind." Her words were met with stunned silence. "What? That can't be right?" Natty exclaimed, struggling to comprehend the gravity of the situation.

Natty exclaimed, disbelief evident in her voice. She reached out and placed a comforting hand on Guilia's shoulder.

Poppy's eyes widened with concern as she spoke, "Guilia, are you sure? How did this happen?"

Guilia shook her head, her voice trembling with fear, "I don't know, it just happened suddenly. One moment, I was seeing everything clearly, and the next, once I walked through that portal, darkness. I can't explain it."

"