Chapter Eight

They neared the edge of the dense forest, they both felt a sense of urgency and decided to gather a few essentials before embarking on their journey. Once they were fully equipped, they entered the forbidden forest and turned to face each other, both feeling a sense of familiarity and comfort in this familiar place.

They had both been here countless times before, but this time was different; they had a critical reason for venturing into the forest once again. Sebastian, being the stronger and more experienced of the two, led the way while ominis followed closely behind. Despite the bright moonlight, the dense foliage blocked most of the light, making it difficult to see far ahead.

Sebastian spoke a single word, "Lumos," and with a flick of his wand, a bright light illuminated the path ahead. The light allowed them to see the creatures lurking in the darkness, including spiders that were dangerously close.

The light enveloped them, the animals backed away, giving the boys a chance to move forward safely. Without the light, they would have been surrounded by the dangerous creatures of the forest.

"Excuse me, Sebastian, but do you happen to notice any indication that they went in this direction?" Ominis inquired, hoping to gather some insights. However, Sebastian's response was disappointing.

"I'm afraid not, Ominis. Given that it's been a month, any traces of their tracks might have been erased by other animals or creatures that crossed paths with them along the way."

ominis hissed deeply, biting the inside of his cheek.

"We will find them, Omi. Just calm down..."

Sebastian's voice was soothing as he tried to calm down his friend, Omi. He turned towards Omi and took a few steps closer, gently reaching out to hold his hand. As their hands intertwined, Sebastian leaned forward, placing his forehead against Ominis'. The sudden closeness caused a slight blush on both their faces, but neither of them minded as Sebastian continued to offer comforting words.

"We won't stop till we get them home with us, especially Guilia..." Ominis sighed, relaxing a little and nodding slightly. Sebastian took a deep breath and said,

"Good, now let's continue." The two continued toward their destination with a renewed sense of determination.

Sebastian's grip on Ominis' hand tightened as they made their way through the dense, dark forest. The twisting trees and thick underbrush had a way of concealing even the slightest sounds, making their journey an eerie and unsettling one. Sebastian's wand was the only light source guiding them, which cast long shadows across the trees and left pockets of darkness in its wake.

As they pressed on, Sebastian's mind was working overtime, searching for any clues that might help them in their quest. He couldn't shake the feeling that they were missing something crucial, and the nagging thought ate away at him.

Ominis could sense the tension in Sebastian's grip and knew that he was feeling frustrated. However, he remained quiet, knowing that Sebastian needed to work through his thoughts in silence.

They walked quietly for a while, the only sounds being the crunching of leaves underfoot and the occasional twig snap. Sebastian's mind raced as he tried to piece together the puzzle of their current situation.

Despite the darkness surrounding them and their quest's uncertainty, Sebastian and Ominis remained steadfast. They pushed deeper into the forest.

Ominis, a seasoned tracker, came to a sudden halt in his tracks, causing Sebastian to turn around and raise his eyebrows in confusion. Ominis had picked up on a faint sound, barely audible to Sebastian's untrained ears.