ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ (ᴘᴀʀᴛ ғɪᴠᴇ)

The ghosts went to the uneven tower and put Yashiro in a bed inside of a prison room. The two of them were a bit tense due to their conversation with Kou and Mitsuba. Yet, little did they know things were going to get much worse for them.

While they'd been talking with Kou, thinking Yashiro was unconscious, she'd actually been awake the entire time. And she'd heard everything—including the fact that she was gonna die in less than a year.

A wave of conflicting emotions filled her. She was happy that (Name) and Hanako were back to normal, but also angry and betrayed that they lied. She also felt extremely anxious about the fact that she was going to die. A part of her was still in complete denial about that part.

Hanako began to walk out of the prison, (Name) hesitantly following behind him. Yashiro slowly opened her eyes getting a look for the scenery around her. She glanced at the prison cell door and saw that (Name) and Hanako locked it shut.

"Hanako-kun, (Surname)-chan!" Yashiro called, finally sitting up. She ran over to them and placed her hands on the bars.

"Yashiro..." (Name) murmured, struggling to keep eye contact with her.

"You're awake!" Hanako said.

"So you guys were really yourselves after all," Yashiro said. "Why would you guys do this?! Pr...pretending to be alive and locking me up here. Why..."

"Well," Hanako said, with a smile, "that's because we think this world is better. I wanted to see what it would be like to be you and (Name)'s classmate and it's more fun than I expected."

Despite how Hanako tried to cheer her up, one thing mainly remained on her mind. "I..I'm..." Yashiro choked out the words. "I'm not really dying, am I?"

Hanako and (Name)'s body stiffened. "What are you..?" (Name) asked.

"Just now," Yashiro said. "I heard you guys say to Kou-kun, I'm gonna die in less than a year. It's a lie, isn't it?"

(Name)'s eyes darkened. "Ah, you heard then."

Yashiro's knees gave out and she fell to her knees. "How can you guys just tell someone that they're going to die? Why are you guys just doing whatever you want like this? I have no clue what you guys are thinking at all..."

"Why?" Hanako asked. He stepped closer to Yashiro and gave her a soft pat on the head. "It's alright. We're going to save you, Yashiro. So, don't worry. It'll be alright if you just stay here forever."

"Eh?" Yashiro glanced up at him. "What are you talking about Hanako-kun...?"

"We have to go." Hanako and (Name) turned towards the exit. "We'll come tell you when the world is complete."

Hanako turned to the door and left the room. When Yashiro noticed (Name)'s hesitation, she tried to get some sort of explanation for why she'd been acting so odd.

"(Name)!" Yashiro called. "Don't go!"

And she didn't. (Name) paused, right in front of the exit, her back still turned from Yashiro.

Yashiro glared at her. "You... you're the one who never agrees with Hanako-kun when he does such reckless or careless things. But lately, it seems like you're acting just like him. Being so distant and keeping secrets..."

(Name) let out a small sigh and glanced back. "I can't say I agree with Hanako's methods... but I can't say that I'm willing to stand by and do nothing."

"You can work with us!" Yashiro pleaded. "Me and Kou-kun and we can get out of here together! There's no way... there's no way that you want this!"

(Name) narrowed her eyes, not saying a single word. Yashiro wasn't wrong. She didn't want this world to stay permanent either. But...