ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴜᴛs

"So, Yashiro," (Name) said. "Is it just me or have you been acting weird?"

Yashiro cleaned the toilets like she always did, as Kou assisted her by washing the windows. Hanako and (Name) had just been whispering to each other about Yashiro's behavior and decided to confront her on it.

Yashiro walked past (Name), still sweeping the floor. "I'm acting like how I always do."

"Are you sure?" Hanako asked, floating after her. "You just aren't reacting like how you used to!"

"Yeah!" (Name) agreed. "And you've been avoiding me in school lately."

Yashiro turned away from them. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Well, for example, you stopped whining during cleaning," Hanako said.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Yashiro asked.

"I guess but it's boring," Hanako said.

Hanako and (Name) continued to stare at Yashiro from behind her. Yet, the girl didn't budge

(Name) snatched her face and turned it towards her and Hanako. "Why won't you look at us?!" she asked.

"Ow!" Yashiro wailed. "Okay I'll look!"

"Really?!" they asked in unison.

"Yes really!" Yashiro said.

~ the next day ~

Yashiro knew that she had been acting really weird lately. Ever since she'd found out about Hanako's past and (Name) being a ghost, she had a difficult time facing them.

As the end of the day neared, Yashiro went to the garden like she usually did. The only difference was that (Name) had been skipping recently, which Yashiro didn't complain about. Without her in the garden, she wouldn't have to face her as much.

But in the end, it didn't matter. She still had to clean the bathrooms which meant she'd run into (Name) and Hanako. Her worries lessened after she heard a familiar voice from behind her.

"Ah!" Kou said. "Senpai, you're the one taking care of the garden? I always wondered who was in charge of it."

"Minamoto-kun?!" Yashiro asked. "What are you doing here? Is it toilet cleaning time already? Did you come to get me?"

"Actually, I have a bit of a favor to ask you..."

"Favor?" Yashiro wondered.

"Uh... can you make donuts?"

• • •

Kou led Yashiro to the home economics lab so they could make donuts together. Yet, it barely even looked like a lab anymore, food and crumbles splattered everywhere and smoke coming up from multiple pots.

"I was working on it with Nii-chan until a little while ago." Kou explained. "But I'm such a bad cook. I made a couple mistakes."

"A couple..?" Yashiro asked.

"Oh yeah! I talked to Hanako already and got you off the hook for cleaning."