ᴛʜᴇ 4ᴘᴍ ʙᴏᴏᴋsᴛᴀᴄᴋs (ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ)

"I can't believe one of our teachers isn't human," Yashiro said.

"It's not really that unusual," Tsuchigomori responded. "There are actually a few supernaturals who have chosen to blend in with the humans. We supernaturals need the rumors of us to keep circulating, or we can't stay on the near shore. A crucial part of that is spreading our own rumors. There are other reasons too, of course. But the main thing is it's convenient. So who knows," he continued, giving (Name) an accusing look, "one of your friends might turn out to be something other than human."

Tsuchigomori wasn't the only person who thought of (Name). Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Kou sneak a glance at her. She didn't dare try to look back.

"But," Yashiro asked, "wouldn't that be dangerous?"

Hanako began walking towards Tsuchigomori, with Yako, who randomly appeared, by his side. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. We're here to make sure no one gets hurt."

Hanako raised his hand. Tsuchigomori lazily did what Hanako did. And since Yako was a fox, she just raised her paw.

"We are the school's eight mysteries!" Hanako said, enthusiastically.

"We all supervise all the supernaturals that exist in this school," Tsuchigomori continued.

"And maintain proper relationships between people and supernaturals," Yako said.

"Well, the short version is we do scare people," Hanako explained, "but we're a team of eight friends, fighting on the side of justice, to keep peace at the school. And I'm the leader! Kirumi is kinda like my trusty assistant."

"Assistant, huh?" (Name) smiled at him innocently but it didn't give off much of an innocent look. It was more like a death stare in the form of a smile, that luckily went unnoticed by the others.

Hanako changed his tone pretty quickly. "She's honestly like a second leader!"

"But there's only-" Kou paused mid-sentence. "...three of you."

(Name) instantly noticed his hesitation. The only thing she didn't fully understand is why he didn't just blow her cover right then. She assumed that maybe he felt a bit of pity for his brother nearly killing her.

"Plus," Yashiro said. "Wasn't Yako just attacking students like, the other day?"

"She's talking about you, stupid fox," Tsuchigomori muttered to Yako.

"Shut up, stupid spider!" Yako responded. "I'm gonna chew you into pieces."

"You're not friends," Yashiro pointed out.

"Come on, you two," Hanako said. He pulled out his knife and put on quite an intimidating face. "We're friends."

"Yes sir," Yako and Tsuchigomori said in unison.

"As I was saying," Hanako said, "we're a team of friends who keep the peace at this school. But apparently, one of us eight is a traitor. That traitor tied their fate to a human somehow and is using that connection to spread altered to suit their own purposes. As a result, the supernaturals at the school are turning savage. No. 2 was one of the victims."

"Rumors that are spread by a supernatural who is bound to a human," Tsuchigomori explained, "are more effective the stronger the supernatural is. It was one thing to change the rumors of minor supernaturals with no seat numbers. But they're powerful enough to affect one of us eight mysteries."