20. Repercussions

Satori was a mess and rightfully so, JOffrey was attacked. Sure he lied about what happened but she didnt know that. She also didnt entirely believe his story but he was her baby boy, she was inclined to believe that Joffrey was being honest, he was the one bleeding after all. 

Satori held Joffrey to her as the maester wrapped up his arm. It could have been a lot worse she supposed. 

"They found her my lord." Jory remarked.

"Where is she?" Ned demanded his steps filled with urgency. Arya had disappeared into the night not a trace.

"She was brought directly to the queen." Jory informed him.

"Take me to her." Ned pushed through the crowd of people to arya who immediately started apologizing

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry' Arya exclaimed he held her face in his hands.

'Are you hurt?' ned questioned looking her over.

'No.' she told him softly.

'Its alright' he coed as he hugged his daughter close looking over to Robert. 'what is the meaning of this?' he demanded 'why was my daughter not brought to me at once?'' Ned looked to Satori but she was focused on Joffrey. Kissing his face, holding him close, whispering words Ned couldnt hear. 

''How dare you speak to your king in that manner.'' Cersei said calmly but threateningly.

''Quiet woman' Robert demanded 'sorry Ned I never meant to frighten the girl but we need to get this business done quickly.''

''Your girl and that butchers boy attacked my son.'' Cersei told him. 'That animal of hers nearly tore his arm off!''

''That's not true!' arya exclaimed 'she just... Bit him a little.' Arya looked to Ned, 'he was hurting Mycha.' Arya told him.

'Joffrey told us what happened,' cersei informed her. 'you and that boy beat him with clubs while you set your wolf on him.' Cersei spat.

'That's not what happened!' Arya shouted. 

''Yes it is.' Joffrey insisted 'they all attacked me and she threw my sword in the river!''

''Liar.' She spat.

'Shut up!' Joffrey demanded. Satori looked at Joffrey's hip, his sword was gone. "The one grandsire got me." Joffrey whispered. Satori didnt like weapons but maybe it was better if Joffrey didnt have a blade to provoke others with. 

''Enough!' Robert shouted 'he tells me one thing she tells me another seven hells, what am I to make of this? Where is your other daughter Ned?'

''She is asleep' ned informed him.

''She's not. Sansa come here darling' Cersei said and Sansa stepped forward giving her father a weary look

''Well?' Cersei said. 'you saw that happened.'' Satori looked to Sansa. Joffrey's face was puckered though, he didnt care what this northern bitch had to say, he was the prince after all. 

''Speak now child tell me what happened tell it all and tell it true, it is a great crime to lie to a king.' Robert told her she looked at her father before looking to Joffrey

''I don't know...' she answered 'I don't remember everything happened so fast I didn't see-''

''Liar!' Arya shouted grabbing her hair 'liar liar liar!' she shouted pulling her down

'Enough! Ladies stop it! stop it!' ned demanded. Ned pulled them apart.

'She's just as wild as that animal of hers,' cersei said calmly 'I want her punished.''

"Cersei," Satori rasped. "Do we really need more children to be hurt?" Ned looked to Satori but Cersei was confused, surely Satori would agree, punishment was needed. This was Joffrey after all, Satori's baby. But Satori looked more miserable than furious with each passing moment. 

''What would you have me do?' Robert questioned ''strip her through the streets? Dammit children Fight. It's over.' Robert told her.

''Joffrey will bear the scars for the rest of his life!' Cersei told him.

''You let that little girl disarm you!' Robert reminded his son incredulously, Joffrey didn't have any words, he hid his face in Satori's chest. "Yeah, maybe if you spent less time up your aunt's dress skirts you would have been able to take down a little girl!"  Robert turned back to Ned. 'Ned see to it that your daughter is disciplined I will do the same with my son.''

''Gladly your Grace.' Ned said pulling his daughter away.

''And what of the dire wolf?' Cersei question 'what of the beast that savaged your son?'

''I forgot the damn wolf' Robert turned to a guard.

''we have found no trace of the dire wolf your Grace.' Ned glanced back at Arya

''So its settled,' Robert said waving it off but cersei had other plans.

''They have another.' Cersei reminded him.

''Very well,' Robert said. Satori looked between them. The wolves were beautiful, the one that hurt Joffrey was gone, it didnt mean she wanted them in the capital after what happened but she didnt want them dead either. But Cersei was showing her hand, her power, showing Ned that she was in charge. 

''you can't mean it?' Arya cried out

''A dire wolf is not a pet,' Robert reminded Ned 'get her a dog she'll be happier for it.' he said walking away

'He doesn't mean lady does he?' Sansa asked 'no not lady!' she shouted 'lady didn't bite anyone she is good!'

'Lady wasn't there.' Arya insisted, 'you leave her alone'

'Stop, don't let them do this father. Please, please,' Sansa begged her head frantically turning between her father in the queen 'it wasn't lady!' she exclaimed.

'Is this your command? Your grace?' Ned asked Robert turned marching away

'Where is the beast?' Robert questioned

'Chained up outside your grace' Ned told him. Robert nodded. Cersei smiled.

'Do me the honor ser Payne.' Cersei said happily.

'No,' Ned said 'Jory take the girls to their rooms. If it must be done then I will do it myself.'

'Is this some trick?' Cersei questioned

'The wolf is of the north she deserves better than a butcher' Ned told her. 'Jory take the girls back to their room.

Ned saw sandor coming up with his horse, then Ned smelled the blood

'The butchers boy?' Ned question Sandor as he passed. 'you rode him down?'

'He ran, not very fast,' Sandor noted he nodded to Satori before continuing on his way. Ned took heavy steps to get to the stables.

"Ned," Satori whispered. He turned to her. 

"I'm sorry about Joffrey." Ned remarked. "I... I'm sorry."

"Let the wolf go."

"What?" Ned countered. 

"She can't come to the capital but... just let her go." 

"The queen."

"I will deal with the repercussions if Cersei finds out." Satori assured. "Let the wolf go." Ned stared back at her. "This isnt a trick ned." She assured grabbing his hand. "whatever happened..." a heavy sigh filled her. "Joffrey probably wasnt entirely innocent in it." She admitted. "But lady was, that I know." 

"Thank you." Ned agreed cutting her free and slapping her rump, Lady ran off.