29. Quitter

Wildflowers / Gregor Clegane out now!

"You are leaving?" Satori questioned. Ned stopped packing and turned to her.

"I dont want to. I have to." Ned remarked. He moved to her- rushed her really and kissed her. Satori melted into his arms. "You are literally the only good thing about the capital." Ned whispered against her.

"Dont go." Satori begged. "You are the only thing that makes sense."

"I quit. I quit and told robert no. He didnt like that." Ned whispered. She closed her eyes kissing him again. "Maybe we see each other again one day?"

"I would like that." Satori agreed.  "I would love that."

"My lord hand?" Petyr questioned. Satori pulled away but ned was still reaching for her.

"See me before you leave." Satori whispered before she headed out.

"Sunshine whats wrong?" Sandor questioned.

"Am I a bad person sandor?" He laughed in return.

"Oh you were serious?" Sandor questioned. Satori smiled back at him.

"I like when you laugh." Satori added.

"You are satori sunshine. You are the best person i know." Sandor assured.

"I kissed a married man." Satori countered.

"Most married men are unfaithful." Sandor offered with a shrug.

"She looks like him, don't she, my Lord? She has his nose, his black hair." A whore, Mhaegan remarked.

"Aye." Ned agreed staring down at the baby.

"Tell him when you see him, my Lord. If it please you... Tell him how beautiful she is." Mhaegen requested, she was a whore and she was convinced that her baby was the kings. That he had a true heir in her little girl, that maybe the king would want them both.

"I will." Ned agreed. He wouldnt, Robert wouldnt care. How many bastards did he have running around?

" And tell him I've been with no one else. I swear it, my Lord, by the old gods and new. I don't want no jewels or nothing, just him. The King was always good to me." she begged.

"When Jon Arryn came to visit you, what did he want?" Ned countered.

"He wasn't that sort of man, my Lord. He just wanted to know if the child was happy, healthy." she answered

"She looks healthy enough to me. The girl shall want for nothing." Ned assured. He had to tell Robert. Even if he didn't care, Ned cared.

"Brothels make a much better investment than ship, I've found. Whores rarely sink." Petyr remarked with a chuckle when Ned came out of the room.

"I'm your friend, at least I think I am." Sandor remarked. 

"YOu are." Satori agreed. 

"'You can talk to me about... things." Sandor offered. She wanted someone she could tell the truth about everything and he seemed like a good option and also the worst option because he was her friend and he was Joffrey's guard. 

"What things?" Satori offered. 

"Whatever is on that pretty head of yours." Sandor suggested. 

" What do you know of King Robert's bastards?" Ned questioned.

"Well, he has more than you, for a start." Petyr offered.

"How many?" Ned pushed.

"Does it matter? If you fuck enough women, some of them will give you presents."