Memories in June

Songs had always held a precious connection to the two of them. If only they'd known it would become a crucial tool for them to preserve each other's fading transparent memories.

Under the canopy outside the music studio clutching a polaroid of her to his vision, sat he, letting his ears be filled by the drizzle of rain against the concrete and its occasional drips from the leaves onto the umbrellas of the walkers underneath. In the city walked she, wandering around with his song in her ears, seeing him in all the reds and blues and greens around-- longing to have the thump of his footsteps besides hers.

Being as far away they couldn't have been closer; remaining so unknown of the other they couldn't have known each better.

It was June and it was the rain after the heat wave as birds, animals and humans; all alike sought refuge from the heat and from the water while the two youths remained dispersed across distances, reminiscing their moments of togetherness, and dealing with the void of their untimely separation.

The buses kept the ghosts of their silly fights trapped in their seats. The trains kept the essence of their oblivious affection pure in its walled existence. His studio screamed its longing for her while he stubbornly chose to keep her memory tucked in his pocket, in fear of the taint from too many eyes. The ocean kept encompassing the imprint of their wet footsteps in itself to preserve that once in a lifetime experience of it.

And while he yearned to capture and preserve her in a song, she yearned to record him in a magnificent sight. All they could do though, was wish for the wings above to set things right, with the clock striking its two hands with all its might.

A/N: short one but sometimes I enjoy these fleeting memory kind of writings.