A rose with its sunshine

Like always Rosaline found herself comforted by the pink and orange pastels of the mighty sky. It was relatively deserted on campus grounds, owing it to being Friday, and Rose found herself sitting in a secluded corner on the bench half covered by the big tree overhead. Activity went on around her at a minimal pace with people either treading to classes or just relaxing for the oncoming weekend. The orange shades from the setting fire ball in the sky cast a warm glow over the buildings and people. Rose found herself getting lost in the dispersing and dancing clouds that drew peculiar shapes to distract her dejected mind.

She absentmindedly dragged her feet over the concrete pavement, missing her family and her home. It was a conflict living the way she lived. A constant tug at her heart and mind. And the recent phone call with her mother had her already tormented emotions whirling around in a typhoon of exhausted sorrow. It seemed the more she tried to picture the eternal frame of her happiness with her family and best friend in it, the more it broke and cracked altering her hope of a peaceful future.

It was hard being the way she was. The disappointments her loved people gave her made her want to hate them, despise them and never think of them. But the heart that so dearly loved and wanted to protect them, always attacked her with a vicious guilt at her negative emotions. So, like always, without even meaning to, she had found herself at her spot of solitude under her vast oak tree with the blanketing sky comforting her in its warm hues. No words, no sighs, no touch could comfort her because it was a loop most humans found hard to stray away from. And Rosaline was no different.

"Rose..." The girl in blue was dragged out of her trance by an incredibly melodic and soft call of her name. Enchanted by the beautiful disruption, she moved her eyes from the sky to the person who had wonderfully dragged her out from her sorrowful depths for some moments.
The boy in his signature yellow jacket stood with his hands stuffed in pockets, softly smiling down at her.

Rosaline had seen Jonghyun around a number of times, in some of her classes and mostly mixing around with whichever group he found suitable for the moment. Like the boy, his jacket's yellow brightness also stood out making him easy to spot amongst crowds. She did not have many interactions with people, but the few that she'd had with Jonghyun, Rose could say he easily held a strangely comforting presence that could put anyone around him at ease.

She observed his soft features. From his ever shining eyes to the nose that often scrunched in a cute way whenever he was extremely happy, to his baby soft lips and to the most endearing feature of his face: the mole under his lips that Rose oh so ardently adored.

Amidst all the lazy and self-absorbed activities going on around her, it warmed her heart that there was someone, no matter a virtual stranger, who saw her and cared enough to give her one of his heart stopping smiles. Despite not wanting to come out of her pity session, she found her insides strangely lightening at the boy's presence.

"Jonghyun" Rosaline replied with a call to his name in delay after snapping out of her reverie of her observation of the young man's alluring but comforting features.

"I've been looking all around for you." He strolled forward and sat beside her on the bench easily inviting himself into her space.

"Me?" Rose was a little perplexed. She was not all 'buddies' with Jonghyun, but she did hold some civil acquaintance with him. Still for him to be looking around specifically for her, it struck her a bit odd.

He bobbed his coconut head making his soft hair bounce in a cute way as he settled himself more comfortably on the bench, spreading his long and admittedly toned jean clad legs.

"Penny for your thoughts?" His big eyes zeroed in on her face, sending Rose into yet another trance. The way the sun caught his dark eyes giving them just a little shine, and the way it kissed the side of his face in a sultry warm glow-- she found herself catching her breath.