Dizzy Spells ~ Part 2

A bit of writer's block happened - I don't really like this part but it's not getting any better XD

Ant/Dec/Stephen

{*~*}

"I don't know, he was being really evasive with me before it happened."

Stephen swallowed tightly, almost wishing he could slip back under when the aching in his body returned full force. He didn't want to move.

"He said he'd been down here for an hour." It was Ant, the pauses between his concerned remarks suggesting he was on the phone. "Yes, that's what I said – about a hundred times."

Talking to Dec, Stephen decided after listening for a moment to his tone. Although he wasn't happy about the other man being involved now as well, anything was better than a panicked call for an ambulance.

"Stevie?" Ant's focus returned to him, voice gentler than it had been before. A hand tapped his cheek lightly. "C'mon darlin'. Open your eyes."

Stephen forced a nondescript sound to rattle out of his throat, trying to do something to prove he was awake. Ant's other hand squeezed his shoulder by way of reply, making his eyes prickle yet again. He resigned himself to having to look, blinking hazily up at the ceiling for as long as it took Ant to notice him and then trying to block out the lurching view of their living room once more.

"Hey, you're okay," Ant murmured, miles away from the frustration of earlier. Stephen tried not to feel too guilty – that was one feeling too many to contend with on top of everything else. "You just fainted. Can you keep your eyes open?"

Stephen shook his head microscopically, embarrassed by the soft whine that escaped him when Ant's hand brushed over his forehead again.

"I really want to move you somewhere comfortable, Stevie," Ant said quietly, "You've been down here so long."

"Dizzy," Stephen mumbled disjointedly.

"I know, sweetheart," Ant soothed. "But if we sit you up, you can lean on me until you feel better."

Stephen couldn't remember the last time he felt as bad as this. In the midst of a rough patch he tended to forget what okay felt like as well though. This became the baseline of how he expected to feel forever, a thought that only added to the anxious nausea rising up in him.

"Hey," Ant's voice started up again, low but insistent. Stephen let his eyes flicker back open, trying to keep them there. It at least proved to Ant that he was still conscious. He watched Ant's face swim a little unevenly above him but didn't miss the faint twitch of his mouth. "I would have thought you'd take any opportunity to stare at me."

"You're not that good looking," Stephen retorted faintly, lifting his head slowly and smiling when Ant shifted accordingly, moving a leg beneath him to create a makeshift pillow. Stephen rocked back against it with a slow sigh and kept his eyes open determinedly, blinking up at Ant in the silence that fell over them. He wanted to look away because the quiet intimacy naturally started to draw out honesty and he was already guilty today of withholding the truth from the other man. "I'm sorry. I was annoyed with myself for not getting to the sofa on time. I shouldn't have taken it out on you."

"You haven't been like this for a while," Ant replied gently, combing his fingers through Stephen's hair with a sadder, lopsided smile. "I think I can let you off."

"Still," Stephen pushed firmly, "I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted," Ant's mouth twitched again but the sentiment was genuine enough. Stephen felt himself relax, his focus turning to the next few days and the dizziness that was bound to follow him around. It seemed Ant was on the same page. "I can't believe doctors know about this and think there's nothing wrong with you."