Part 2

Athena chewed nervously on her lip as she waited for Nick's car to pull up. The 'not a date' three weeks ago at the cafe was a success. She enjoyed her time with him and found him to be very charming and humorous. It was interesting how when she looked up an interview with him in it, he spoke very slowly and had a mellow voice. Yet, when they were together and spending time in each other's company, he spoke more and with a slightly quicker pace to his voice.

They ended up exchanging numbers that day as well.

Athena felt a giddy sensation rush through her at the idea of seeing him again in–person even though they were just facetiming an hour ago.

Just as she was thinking about the trip to Napa they were about to go on together, she saw a sleek, black Tesla pull up in front of her apartment complex. It was Nick's as he rolled the window down and waved at her.

Putting the car in park, he got out, stretching for a moment before making his way over to her and leaning in for a hug. She leaned up and wrapped her arms around him in return, feeling him give a light squeeze, his hands resting just above the swell of her backside.

Nick leaned back and placed a gentle kiss to her cheek and then smiled at her. "Someone looks ready to go to Napa."

Athena blushed and smiled back at him. "I've been so excited all week. Do you think this is too much?" She did a light spin around, showing off the light blue sundress she was wearing. She had her hair pulled up with a matching ribbon, a few loose curls complimenting the look. She was wearing a simple pair of white Keds to pull it off.

Nick scanned over her body, his eyes lingering on the bust of the dress, which had a ruffled hem that dipped just low enough to show a bit of cleavage. He looked back up to Athena's face and grinned. "You look beautiful, Thena."

She blushed at the use of the nickname and his compliment. When they met up for their 'not-a-date', Nick had taken to calling her Thena, dropping the 'A' at the beginning. Normally that would have annoyed her, but she thought it was cute coming from him.

He gestured to her two suitcases and said, "Let's get this loaded up and head on over to the airport."

"Did you purchase tickets already?" Athena asked, wanting to know how much to reimburse him. "Let me know the cost and I'll pay you back for mine."

Nick chuckled at that and shook his head. "Athena.. You're not paying me back. I didn't even buy tickets, so don't worry about it." He picked up both her suitcases and carried them to his car's trunk.

Athena followed him and looked at him in confusion. "Then how are we getting to Napa if you didn't buy any airline tickets?"

Nick lifted them both in, moving his stuff over to make sure her's fit in perfectly. "I rented a jet." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"A jet?!" Athena shouted in disbelief.

—---

The jet itself was nice and roomy. Never in her life had Athena been in something so luxurious. She had flown first class before, but that was the extent of it.

When they had pulled up and Nick handed over his keys, opening Athena's door to help her out, she was blown away by the sight of the jet, its pilot, and crew waiting for them with big smiles.

As Nick shook the captain's hand and introduced Athena to him, the pilot smiled warmly and said, "We are happy to have you aboard Mr. Bosa, and your girlfriend, Ms. Thermopoli."

Athena blushed brightly at that and didn't correct it, not wanting to make it awkard as Nick just grinned in response and thanked him.

As the flight attendant was getting them settled, Nick took a seat next to Athena and reclined back, looking at her with hooded eyes and a smile. "You know.. You're going to have to be my seat buddy for this trip."