Part 4

Athena had her head in her hands as she sat up on the bed. Her head was killing her. Nick? He was in no better shape. He just sat there in a daze with no expression on his face. What could either of them say? Not at one point during the night and this morning did they consider practicing safe sex. That was 100% on them, regardless of booze being involved. They both knew that.

"So," Nick started to say before pausing to clear his throat, "We need to make a trip to a nearby pharmacy to get a Plan B." He looked over to her and waited for her to respond.

Athena lifted her head and looked at him with bloodshot eyes. She nodded in agreement.

Nick reached out and gripped her hand. "It's going to be ok, Athena. Alright? We'll be ok... I um.. I promise I'm clean.. This is an awkward conversation to have after the effect.. I can get my recent panel results sent over I got two months ago..." He rubbed his free hand on the back of his neck, "Fuck.. I'm so sorry. This is NOT how I planned for the week" He glanced over at her as she watched him with sad eyes. "I mean, I don't regret the time we're spending together and I'd be lying if I said I regretted the sex. I just regret not being more careful in the planning and now we're in this predicament." He admitted shyly. 'I ruined all of this now. She probably thinks I'm a pig and a joke.'

Athena could see the struggle going on in his head and she squeezed his hand that was still holding her's. "It's not all on you, Nick. I played a part too." She was sure she was going to cry again.

Nick went to say something else when his phone rang. He ignored it and looked back to her. "Let's get dressed and go and get that Plan B. Then we'll get some breakfast." He stretched before getting out of bed.

Athena watched the naked expanse of his back as his muscles stretched with each movement he made. He was beautifully sculpted and she felt the familiar heat pooling in her nether regions.

Nick walked to her side and said, "Let's go shower, princess." As he scooped his hands under her and hoisted her bridal style in the air.

Athena squealed and giggled as she wrapped her arms around him, her cheeks bright red and showing under her faded makeup.

Nick sat her on the sink as he prepared the shower. He still hadn't looked at his phone, but he knew whoever it was could leave a message or call back later. He was on vacation.

----------------------------------------------

Just before they headed out, Nick's phone went off once more and he finally took a look at his missed calls. Three from his agent. "Fuck," he mumbled. "Thena, I gotta take an important call. Give me like 20-30 minutes. It's my agent I have to call back."

Athena was picking up her clothes from around the room from last night. "Ok. I'll be waiting in here when you get back in."

He nodded and walked out of their suite, likely going to find a quiet and private spot to take his call.

She ok with waiting. Everything was fine. What difference did 30 minutes make? It was fine. Right?

"Oh my my god." Athena felt the existential dread immediately return with Nick's calming presence now out of the room. "Oh my god."

She quickly found her phone and texted the one person she could rely on. Her sister.

Thena

I think I fucked up.

No. I know I fucked up.

She quickly dialed her sister's number, but it rang through to her voicemail.

ARTEMIS ANSWER YOUR PHONE.

A few moments later...

What if i was fucking dead, bitch?