Part-1

There was a serene silence lingering in the Jeon mansion, where the man, still clad in his office attires, was sitting on the posh velvety sofa of the living room while his doting wife, draped in a floral printed long dress, was arranging the dining table at a little far distance from him, for the dinner, with silence.

It's not like you, Jeon Y/n liked this silence but it was because he, Jeon Jungkook did. It was because he liked silence, you became quiet. Jungkook, though had a laptop opened in front of him, his eyes were oscillating from the screen to you, wondering how everything was tickling with the needle of the clock, in a perfect time, like everyday.

"Dinner is ready." You chirped your regular three words and as if the involuntary action was somewhere fit inside him that he stood up from the sofa, went inside the kitchen, washed his hands and took the towel from you just when he turned back to leave the kitchen. Just like everyday. Just like usual.

You had your eyes stuck to his chest button not realising that he was gazing at you. Even after two years of an arranged marriage with him didn't bring you to lock gaze with him for many times. Locking eyes were countable and you were by now habituated to looking everywhere but at his eyes. Those big doe shaped eyes did nothing good but made you fall deeper for him.

A calculated sigh escaped Jungkook's lips after sitting on the head chair of the dining table before he opened his mouth to speak something, which he had been thinking to say since morning. Maybe for a few days now. "Y/n." Your heart fluttered when he took your name. Your name sounded just very different whenever he took it but he used to speak very less, leave alone taking your name.

"Hmm." You hummed, taking a seat beside him after serving him and yourself. Him talking to you during dinner wasn't something usual. Instead it was very unusual because dinners with him were always a silent affair. "I have thought about this a lot…" He continued.

You had your eyes fixed on the plate but his tone was a little off. Is it strange that you know the constant range with which he speaks? "I don't think it's working between us anymore." He mouthed with a blank face but his eyes were fixed on your face unlike yours.

You stopped your fork which was moving across the thick strips of spaghetti and sauce and looked at him for a brief moment. His left eye twitched a little with an unknown anticipation but it went down the drain when you looked back to your plate stuffed with white pasta and continued your dinner.

"I want a divorce Y/n." He declared but you remained unfazed, eating silently like you were trained to do, in all these years of togetherness with him. He couldn't help but frown a little at your unresponsiveness but halted from speaking further, his heart suddenly wanting to take back his own words which he muttered a while ago to you.

Within the next few minutes, you completed eating before standing up with the plate and placed it in the basin and then scooted upstairs leaving him behind. Now this was again unusual. You never left him behind, eating alone.

It was like an unspoken deal between you two to accompany each other to dinner, though it was not possible everyday because of him being a busy businessman, but whenever he had dinner at home, he always had it with you accompanying him.

His throat went dry when you came downstairs again but with a big suitcase. "Y/n…" He gasped a little, before standing up and walked up to you. "I will talk to my lawyer tomorrow and he will send you the papers soon." You chirped in a mechanical voice.

"But where are you going?" He quivered, his eyes fixing on the big suitcase which you have dragged behind you. "Home." Your one word strangely pained him a little. Home? Wasn't this your home? "Y/n wait." He called for you again when you started walking.

"You don't have to go right now. It's quite late an-" "And I will manage. I have already informed mom and she has sent the car." You looked at him for the second time today and he shook his head, a little baffled by the blankness with which you were looking at him.

"You seem to be too desperate to leave." He voiced out coldly, gulping a lump that was forming on his throat. "I have been your docile and doting wife for two years now, Jungkook. Shouldn't I give what my husband asks from me like I have always done?" You smiled at him a little.

He felt a hollow inside his chest when you looked at him with a gaze, shadowing millions of emotions while your words, though sweet, sounded so malicious to him. "You wanted to marry me for your own business profit, I married you. Now you want to divorce me and I will gladly do what you have asked me to." You poised before holding the handle of your luggage and then walking out of the mansion, leaving him and the bond behind.

Jungkook kept looking at the way you went, standing there in a daze while unknown to him, something dropped down his right eye. He crooked his brow before raising his hand and stroking his cheek only to find it wet. "What the hell?" He mumbled to himself finding teardrops and again looked at the door through which you walked away.

He breathed quickly and turned back which was another bad idea because now the empty mansion was haunting him. "I have lived here forever. Why would my own home haunt me?" He shook his head, breathing in and out several times and later took his laptop to scoot upstairs to their…..his room.

"She has become a habit I guess." He groaned after working late at night and still not getting any sleep. Moving sideways, his eyes fell on your side where you used to sleep. "She didn't even deny it for once." He licked his lower lip before chuckling. "Of course!! She is more than happy with this divorce." He looked away, diverting his attention back to the ceiling.

"As if it matters to me." He scoffed arrogantly and again changed his position to sleep but later rolled to your side. On the other hand, you were shedding silent tears while placing your head on the lap of your mother. "He asked for a divorce and you walked away Y/n? You could have denied it, baby." Your mother caressed your tresses lovingly.

"I have never denied him anything omma." You spoke silently. "You have only taught me to be a diligent wife to him. Didn't you?" You looked up to your mother with a lot of complaints in your eyes. "Y/n…" She sighed, cupping your cheeks. "I married him only because of you and dad, even when I wanted to join dad's business and now look, he left me. So now did I fail as a wife, omma?" You sat straight in the bed, looking at her while your mother shook her head.

"Of course I did. It will ultimately be my fault only because of the divorce. Isn't it?" Your lips pressed against each other and your mother pulled you into her warm embrace. "No. It is not. It will never be your fault. My daughter can never be wrong." Your tears jumped out of your eyes in her arms.

You sniffed, cried, writhed and sobbed until you felt light weighed and then looked at her again, wiping your tears away. "From tomorrow I will join dad's business. My degrees should be put to use now." You declared and your mother nodded her head while caressing your face with a smile.

"Your dad will be proud of you from up there when you will excel in his business." Your mother quipped and you gave her a small nod. You cried that whole night, wetting your pillow with the sorrows of separation from him. Were you too easy or too humane to fall in love with your own husband or was he too outlying and too practical to not look at you as more than a business extension?

______________________________________